1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sisters

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by Gola, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Finally, I don't believe that also my sister is lesbian and for me she's wrong

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard of gay people who have gay siblings so it's possible?

3. zgirl81

Both my sister and I are pan. We have the same parents and grew up in a 2 parent household. We kept this secret from each other until just over a year ago, and I wish we would have been more honest with each other. It would have made growing up a LOT easier! :slight_smile:

It happens in real life. Siblings can both be gay, sibling can both be straight. As far as I can tell there's no rules for who will/won't be gay.

4. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pansexual means that you love all people?

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.

6. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    But for MAP and others it isn't a orientation, there are only 4 and there is a continuum. I think that it's near to bi.

7. Gay1234

Gold I'm gay and my identical twin brother TheBiBoy is bisexual so I don't see why the two of ye cannot both be lesbian. Well anyway you will only know that when she comes out to you.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

8. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The researches of orientation say that the likely to have two twin brothers both gay is very high. And more studies are with gay men and not with lesbian. But the likely to have all daughters lesbian is very low.

9. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohh, so a pansexual guy can be in-love with a very effeminate gay guy?

Hmm, so as a gay guy, I have options aside from gay guys and Bisexual guys too!

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea but it's still possible.

11. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never met anyone lesbian with a lesbian sister. I have omofobic parents and she said me that in the future she'll want to stay with a man, for herself the family is with a man. So she has to stop this estens and stops to destroy my life

12. crazydiamond

A few years ago my sister told me she thought she was gay. I guess I'm kind of unsupportive for being skeptical. She has always been with a lot of guys and I feel like if she were gay, wouldn't she have known before Guy #500? It turns out I was right anyway because the next thing I knew she had had two more boyfriends. She had met one girl but never went through with it. My guess is she's bisexual, maybe. When I came out she kept going on about how it must be easier to be a lesbian and she's so tired of guys, and maybe she'll date a girl too. So who knows what she is. But I do think it's possible to have two lesbian daughters in a family.

13. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Gola, I saw your other thread and I wonder why you're so desperate to prove two sisters can't be both lesbians. How does she destroy your life?

14. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because my parents don't accept two lesbian daughters, and I would like to live my life free. I don't want to considerate for everything my sister and her orientation. I want to say to my parent that I'm lesbian without problems. But If also my sister is gay all get complicated. And she's strange, I don't understand her orientation.

15. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is really a difficult situation because of the pressure from your parents but just because you don't know anyone with two lesbian sisters it doesn't mean you two can't be. What would you do then? Would you draw straws or play rock-paper-scissors to choose which one of you will sacrifice your happiness to please your parents and live a straight life they want then?
    Who's older by the way, you or your sister? It's possible your sister is not a lesbian but it's also possible that the only reason why your sister wants to marry a man in the future is because she loves you so much and wants to give you the freedom to be with whoever gender you want. Maybe you should talk to her and together try to find a way how you both can be happy. I'm wishing you all the best. (*hug*)

16. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's older than me. I don't think she said that for this aim. She's started to see her girlfriend and I said my opinion about gay's families and she said that saw her family with a man, and another time said to me that she saw herself in the future with a man. Maybe now she changes her ideas because she changes every day and I'm very fed up of this. She used to see men, also when she was younger than now. I thing that it's impossible because I've known two sisters not twins! And my parents will accept one daughters but two is impossible, and I want to live my life like all gays with straight brothers.

17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its not unheard of. I have a friend who came out as gay to his family, and then to his surprise his younger brother admitted he was gay as well.
    As well I know someone who is gay and has a lesbian sister. It can happen.

How would you feel if your sister kept saying you were wrong and that you aren't lesbian because she is? Its kind of like saying your best friend can't be gay/lesbian because you are and therefore no one else has the right.

18. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A friend of mine in college was a lesbian with a gay brother.

I also know of one case where one sibling was MTF and the other was agender.

Then again, I'm also aware of two pairs of identical twins where one was MTF and the other a cis guy.

19. Gola

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Well, if she is gay she will behave better than now. Because are 10 years that she changes her mind! She can't say that want a family with a man, the future with a man if she wants a woman! And after a lot of years a person has to identify her tendency, because the people around her need clarity. And she isn't lesbian because she doesn't say to be lesbian, but when men went bad she wanted to become lesbian. If a person is serious, therefore other people believe in you.

20. cakepiecookie

You are too worried about your sister. I'm sorry your family can't be accepting of two lesbians in the family, but that is not her fault. She can say she's bi/straight/lesbian if she wants to - it's none of your business!

Focus on your own life and let your sister live hers.