1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four days to my child's top surgery!

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Sep 25, 2016.

1. tgboymom

It's getting closer and closer and closer.

The kids aren't out here yet, but they will be here on the 27th the LATEST. I want them here a little ahead of time so they can settle in. I've emptied the dresser in the spare room and cleared out our stuff.. etc. Now Jake will have to sleep on a recliner in the living room for a while. I don't know how long yet, but I've got an air mattress to put on the floor next to him for me so I can hear him if there's a problem or pain.

His birthday was earlier in the month and I sent presents but I have a few more for when he gets here. I'm in the middle of an RA flare, but I'll push through. I need to get that bed made up and get a few things done and put up a pot of soup the night before the surgery so it's ready.

There's one more thing he wants for his birthday but his father was like.. wow... we have to come up with 7k for this surgery.. blah blah. I said.. we don't punish the kid for a medical situation. Let's get that item and that will help him heal because he'll want to use it!! I mean... after 7k, what's a few more hundred, no?

I'm nervous, I'm scared and I'm not looking forward to seeing my child in pain .. which, by the way, was my INITIAL concern a year ago but I know the tata's gotta go. I think his binding is causing problems because he's got so much to bind. Dimpling made the doctor suspect inflammatory breast cancer.. so.... let's get rid of them .

He said he's staying for about 6 weeks rather than four so he can be here for my birthday... that's very cool. I just hope I don't fall into empty nest syndrome again when it's time to go back to his home state!!

I'm rambling.. I'm nervous. I should just go plant myself in the kitchen and get some of his favorites ready.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh :bang:

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for this update. We're all cheering for you and your son.

Be well, and please let us know how the surgery goes.

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is so, so touching to see how caring and accepting you are of your son!

I hope the surgery goes well! I had surgery recently - for something completely different, but still - and all I have to say is, you can never have too many pain meds stocked up. As long as he's getting decent ones then hopefully it won't be so bad for him.

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

4. tgboymom

They aren't giving him good ones, nor enough of them. I called the office and asked in advance what they are going to do for his pain. Since we're crossing the state line for the surgery, I've asked that they give Jake's father the rx while he's in surgery so he can run and fill them in that state so we don't have a problem when we get back. The rest of the rx's have been electronically submitted and he is picking them up in his own state before he leaves. Some pharmacies won't even fill them. I take pain meds though.. so I've stashed mine in case his isn't strong enough. He's getting the same thing I have except he's getting 5mg and I have 10's. I can hack it... I've done it before. The first week feels like my bones are glass and after that I settle into a stable pain level without meds and I'm working on that right now so I'll have meds for him if he needs it.

We're having a little problem with the Testosterone. The doctor ordered the wrong dosage and we're having a problem getting the pharmacy and doctor to communicate and correct it. Today is our last try before he leaves to come out here. If I've got to run out to TN for the prescription, I have a very fast mustang and can go round trip in 14 hours... so.. it's more of an "inconvenience" than a problem.

We'll just have to handle it as it comes up..whatever the situation. The most important thing is that he'll be HERE with ME so I can make SURE he's getting proper post surgical care, he's being fed the right foods, clean, no lifting, and I'm checking to see what local hospital would be best to handle a problem should it arise. My property is too uneven to try to get him outside walking... it's a park like setting on 5 wooded acres, so I have a treadmill that we'll set on "meander". I've got some comfy chairs on the front porch so he can get some air. I can't think of anything else. He's nervous, I'm nervous, his father is nervous. I'm going to hit up some cheap pain meds. I've got tramadol, bayer aspirin, and some anti inflammatories (Meloxicam), and see if I can get the edge off and get to work. I still have presents to wrap too!!! lol :help: