1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on top surgery..

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Oct 2, 2016.

1. tgboymom

Hey folks...

WOW.... this child is HEALING, baby! Today he is getting up on his own...still not using his hands of course, but that's cool. He's now spacing out the oxycodone use to 6 or 7 hours, 5mg. He's doing everything to the letter (with my bitching). There are probiotics, arnica for bruising, melatonin for sleep, oxycodone, naproxen and cipro. He's tolerating the massages (pushing fluids to the drains). He's eating well, no fever... pretty darned good!

Today he got his hair washed. :slight_smile: He wants a shave so we'll get the dadster in there to help with that.

I looked at him a few minutes ago and said "wow.. you're so flat chested". lol He's like.. THANKS! LMAO We're driving back up there on Wednesday to get the drains out.

2. iiimee

This is amazing! I'm really glad for you and your son! ^_^ I'm a little jealous, but also just hearing about the fluid-pushing grosses me out. XD Eh, I'll get there eventually- it's good that he has such a supportive mom though.

3. tgboymom

Don't worry at all. I thought this would be a LOT worse than it was! Yeaaaa.. there's healing to do, but the pain was much more manageable than I thought. You know, I think the worst of it is the lipo they did under the arms.. on the side... to contour the chest. That's more sore than anything. This doctor does a keyhole procedure and the post op regimen is so thorough.... it's complimentary to every aspect of healing.

What I definitely would suggest is having your mother or someone very close to you do the post op care. Mom's are more likely to make sure the bedding is clean every day, the binders are clean and sanitary, the wounds are tended to properly, proper nutrition, pills on time.. etc. Also, there's personal things at the beginning... yanno.. with dressing, going to the bathroom.

His father is supportive too. Well, we needed his $ for this! LOL I couldn't do it alone. All I know is that this is the happiest I've seen this kid in years! :eusa_clap

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great news! Thanks for updating us.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear things are going well :slight_smile:

6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is wonderful news! Your son is so lucky to have you around. :slight_smile:

7. tgboymom

hahhaha.. yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tell the kid that! He gets angry and asks "why do you have to know when I poop". "DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.. .so I know what in the hell to FEED you"!!! LOL :grin: