1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on surgery.. :(

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Oct 18, 2016.

1. tgboymom

We seem to be running into some complications. I took him up there yesterday, ahead of schedule, because of what we're seeing.

There was some necrosis. The surgeon cleaned it out and we have a new protocol to follow and we have to be back there in 10 days or sooner if this doesn't get better.

I don't think Jake quite got what the doctor was saying. He was nervous, talking a mile a minute, and the doctor said it so calmly that I think it went over his head but I heard it. I especially heard when the doctor said that after this is all healed, and if it bothers him that much, they can do a reconstruction. So I heard it loud and clear.

I played it down.. no sense in worrying while healing. It will just delay the healing process. We'll worry about the other bridge when we come to it.

The surgeon asked "are you eating". He said, "Doc... my mother is Italian". LOL

I must say, the incisions across the bottom of the breasts look GREAT! The lipo to remove the female accumulation of fat around the breasts served to perfectly expose those cut pecs, but we have a problem with one of the nipples.

Ok.. gotta go to the kitchen. They are sleeping still and I promised some nice banana/raisin bread for a treat. Gotta get it out of the oven!

2. BenFreeman

How wonderful that he has such a supportive mom. It must be so nerve-wracking for you.

(*hug*)
    blessings

3. tgboymom

Thank you, Ben.. Yes, I'm on edge but it would be a HELL of a lot worse if he didn't come HERE to get it done and he was home....8 hours away where I couldn't tend to him. Even from here, the surgeon is one state up... about 3.5 hour ride. It's like a day trip, but worth it.

When I saw what we were dealing with on Thursday, I wanted to go right then but they said the first available appt was Monday at 4. When we got there, my son said, we wanted to get in here on Friday but this was your first appt. The girl said "Oh, I didn't know Friday was an option". Um.... My kid is in danger, of COURSE we wanted Friday. (have mustang, will travel). I saw that we have a problem... but he's been under so much stress with transitioning that I didn't want to appear alarmed. Anyway, he's been seen, we have a new protocol to follow, and he has to be back in 10 days or less if needed.

... a little banana bread never hurt anyone and it's a comfort thing. It's worth the smile I just don't want him to be scared. We'll get this fixed!! I don't want it to take away from the relief he feels with the breasts gone. :slight_smile:

I'll be honest, I bullied him into coming here to get it done so I could take care of him and we talked about that. I kinda said.. if you want me to pay for it, I need to be involved with everything so I can make sure the surgeon knows what's what and your aftercare is above and beyond. Last night he said .. yea.. I'm glad you made me do that. So.... that's cool..... my guilt is now gone and he's got the comfort of what we call "mama do" to make things a little easier. :slight_smile:

We just wait and see now.

4. BenFreeman

Thats just sweet..I just think its so great that you have so completely embraced him for who he is and are prepared to help...that must be a great joy to him.
    let us know how it goes ok...

5. tgboymom

He's my child.. boy, girl, somewhere in between... anyone and anything. This child is part of my own body. I just think it's instinct.

I'm throwing him a party on Saturday. He feels well enough and I think it's a good step. I've said it before....I've mourned the loss of my beautiful daughter. This party is a celebration of the birth of my handsome son!