1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure out how to get the gender marker change.

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Nov 7, 2016.

1. tgboymom

Hi folks..

I hate to be a pain in the butt once again, but I've been researching and I can't seem to find my way through this.

My son lives in Kentucky. He was worn in Hackensack, NJ. I am trying to figure out who I go to in order to have his gender market changed.

I'm getting confused. Again... he lives in KY, but he was born in NJ. I do Have to fly no NJ to get is original gender marker changed? Does my child have to be there? Can I do this myself so his life isn't turned topsy turvy .

Has anyone done this?

Who how do I accomplish this?

Thank you for your help.... once again!

2. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

I dont know but I do think you would want to have to change the birth certificate which I'm guessing is out of the state of NJ? But I do not know if you have to go in person. Hope someone gets back to you soon who knows! (Im sure tons of people know :wink:

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. tgboymom

oh very COOL! He's doing is name change, driver's license change, ss change right now. We have letters from the surgeon and he will get extra copies of the name change from the court so i can include it in my own legal documents so he doesn't have a hard time trying to inherit.

Once that's all done, according to that link, I can just provide all of that doccumentation to the State of NJ. !

Thank you so much!!!!

Lori

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome Lori!

Take care! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: