1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother confided in me not too long ago that he's Bi-Curious.

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

And has been for quite some time.

Let me say this about this: up til now hes been a very straight-acting guy, who feels the need to talk about how he likes girls every second of the day.

Though this came out of "nowhere" I'm really am not surprised, I have had suspicions that he was not entirely straight for a long time, but I didnt want to upset him by bringing it up.

Now my question is that how should I approach it? I don't want to pressure him to make him feel that he should either do nothing about his "curiosity" or overdo it or whatever.

Any advice?

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulate him! and tell him you're there for him whenever he wants to talk. I'm sure it will be a great relief for him to have someone he can confide in.

3. Jekko

WOw.... firstly hi!! long time!

secondly, i said it b4 you always seize to amaze me!!

thirdly and lastly, be by his side and comfort him.

4. werekid

congratz him for coming out now he has someone he can talk to

5. guacj

I am on the other end of your situation. I recently came out to my girlfriend and she said that she was ok with it, but I dont believe her. What I really want from her is to be able to talk to her about it. She has mostly ignored the "situation" which makes me feel awkward. Talk to him. He wouldnt have told you if he didnt need someone to talk to him about it.

6. Bryan44

My sister was the first one that I came out to. I really just felt like I needed to tell someone and she was the person that I trusted most. He obviously trust you a lot, and that is awesome. Just be there for him, support him let him know that you love him and you see him the same as you did before. You could try to talk to him about what he is feeling..that might help.