1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Son Just Told Me He Is gay

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by Angry dad, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angry dad

Angry dad Guest

Im so pissed. I told him I will not have a fag for a son. I got angry and hit him a couple times and told him I would beat the queer out of him. I'm looking for a camp or something I can send him to where they can turn him straight. Any suggestions on how I can turn him normal without violence? He's only 14. I don't want to but I will beat him for everyday he is gay, maybe that will man him up!

2. BudderMC

Seeing as you're being blunt about it, I will be too. There is NO way anyone is capable of making your son "not gay". And if you're here for a solution that will, you're going to be sorely disappointed. If you want help or support, that's fine. But if you don't, then save yourself the trouble and leave now.

Why are you so angry about this?

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please tell me this is a joke? For the love of god tell me you're joking.

4. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WOW! I really hope you're a troll. Eventually a moderator will see this and will ban you. This site is very secured, and you will get instantly kicked out.

Good say, sir. And if you're not a troll, I suggest you look up PFLAG. Other than that you are a horrible, despicable role for a father and ranting out things like this is not what this site is for. For your information, this site is for those who question their sexuality/identity, or give advice and meet others who we can relate to, NOT for anti-gay protests. Get out.

5. Femme

Go away angry dad! I feel sorry for your son. You need help. I strongly suggest that you get it and stop beating on your son or threatening to do so.

6. Angry dad

Angry dad Guest

I had a son not a daughter! A fag is no son to me.
    I have my own plan to make him normal, the good old fashion way with fists and my belt!

7. Femmeme

If you're indeed serious and not trolling...

You are abusing your child and frankly, you belong in jail.

You need serious psychological help, IMEDIATELY. To have that kind of reaction means there is something seriously wrong with YOU, not him.

8. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I lol'd at this. :lol:

9. Martjain

I'm with Purple Rain, I'm begging for this to be a bad taste joke. If it's not, please, seek professional help, as the one who needs to be changed is you. As for your son, I hope he turns out as good as possible from this fucked up situation.

10. Femmeme

Oh, and if you ARE trolling?

You still need serious psychological help. Your desperation for attention has crossed the line into pathological.

11. Martjain

Yeah, having seen that 2 post, I believe this is a joke. Phew!

12. Hexagon

I have an idea. How about you go turn yourself in to a mental institution. If you do actually have a gay son, I feel sorry for him. How dare you hit him. How dare you try to change him. What in the world is wrong with him being gay?

13. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. :eusa_clap

14. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow banned already, shocker.

Odds are this thread will be deleted too

15. Emberblaze

Okay, first off, don't beat your kid for being who he is. You want him to man up? Don'tcha think it makes him man enough because he had the balls to tell you?

Look, I know you aren't happy about it, that's evident enough. But seriously, you aren't gonna change this. You're just going to screw up your relationship son, man. If you need time to accept it, or even if you're never going to accept it, at LEAST don't harm your son physically over it.

16. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, but you can't make him straight. He did not choose to be gay. Him being gay doesn't mean he isn't normal. Unfortunately, beating him actually will cause him much more problems emotionally, and will cause significant stress in your relationship with him. It takes a lot of courage for someone to come out of the closet to their parents, and actually shows that he has a lot of trust in you. Most likely, he had been thinking about this for a very long time before actually coming out. Now, being in the closet can be quite stressful as well, and these stresses are actually the main reasons that LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender) youth are at a higher risk for suicide than the average youth. He may have had multiple reasons for coming out to you, including seeking your support, advice, and/or acceptance. The only real difference between a gay person and a straight one is who they are attracted to. Relationship advice that he may come to you for is going to be basically the same. I would recommend guiding him towards this site, so he can work through problems, and talk as neccessary, and for you to at least meet with people from your local PFLAG PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

#16 confuzzled82, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  17. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Assuming you are not a troll...

There is absolutely no known way of turning a gay person straight. All available scientific evidence indicates that a gay person is born that way, and there is no "conversion" method that works.

Conversion therapy and camps do not work. Many supposed successes end up in failure. "Ex gays" become "ex ex gays."

Beating your son is child abuse, and it is highly illegal in most civilized places.

Give serious thought to PFLAG.

18. UndercoverGypsy

Haha, them trolls. We love you too, Angry Dad! One of the admins should post his IP.

19. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't suppose we could track his IP address, and investigate the potential of this being an actual scenario? If at all possible, assuming this is a real situation, I'd like to see said "father" put in jail...

20. SilverGirl

yea this looks like trolling lol, its sad that even if he is trolling, there are probably people like this out there, which just makes me feel fucking angry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.