1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Right Age to start using... Things?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by clarkec1, Jul 6, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I currently don't use anything to stimulate me or simulate sexual interaction in any way. And I was wondering if there is a threshold that should not be passed concerning the age at which these things should be used.

Obviously if you saw a 5 year old using them, you would be quite disturbed, but what about the early teenage years? 13, 14? That still seems far too young. I have been asked a couple of times if I use any, and I said no in disgust.

Is there a right age, or is it just when your ready?

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a good question. I think once you've hit the age where you have sexual feelings, it certainly isn't anything to be ashamed about, but something to be careful about. You don't want to use anything unsafe, or too big, and hurt your self. They key is to start small, say the size of a finger. Don't ever force things! When I was 16, I made my first attempt, using a soft, foam BMX handlebar-grip, which I put a condom over. It also had a wider ring at the bottom, so it wouldn't go in, and get, well, 'lost' up there. I felt really, really embarrassed about this, though it did feel good, and helped me fantasize, and feel less alone.

I hope I haven't been too graphic or anything, it can be hard to talk about stuff like this.

I'd say take your time, and approach it when you feel ready, and try not to feel ashamed. Many, many people like these feelings.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

It just seems as though it would hurt really really bad. I,m not going to try yet, just because I'm not ready and don't,t really find it appealing, but I just wanted to know a bit of stiff about the matter. Thanks!

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad I could help. Another thing is that not all gay/bisexual men even like this kind of thing; nothing says you have to like this kind of pleasure to be yourself. Lots of gays just don't get into it.

Best to take your time, and follow your feelings, be true to yourself, and also, be safe, and have fun!

5. biggayguy

The key to enjoying toys is using enough lube and going slowly. If it hurts STOP! This is supposed to be about pleasure. It's best to use a condom as well.

6. jp97

At least 16 but, even then it all depends if your ready and when you are you should do it safely and cleanly.:slight_smile:

7. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Don't feel that because you haven't experienced playing with things yet that you should be by now, you will know deep inside when the time is right to make this next step.
    You are only 13 and are just starting out identifying yourself, finding out what turns you on and with each day you will gain more confidence and will feel that the time is right to start exploring further with things.

8. Hexagon

Whenever you feel like it. There isn't anything immoral about masturbation or sex.

9. Hefiel

While starting to masturbate at 13 is perfectly fine, I'm not sure I'd recommend trying out anal stimulation so early, let alone with objects. Fingering could be fine I suppose, provided you make sure you cut your nails properly.

You'll also be needing to use condoms and lubes for safety as you can injure the rectum and risk causing infections if you happen to use an object not made specifically for anal penetration (which I'd not recommend altogether). Better use a real sex toy (with condom and lube) to lessen the risks, although they may be harder to access at 13 years old.

10. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stuck to just masturbating up until I was like, 21 years old.

Thats just a personal experience though.

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not like movies and games, there's no Adult Only rating for sticking the back-end of a sharpie up your ass :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have to be 18 to order real toys online though, Idk what it is for sex shops since I've never been in one.

12. AKTodd

If you're old enough to ejaculate, you're probably old enough to get pleasure from stimulating your prostate and such. I'd say only use fingers (with nails properly trimmed, meaning no sharp edges) until you are old enough to purchase toys designed for the purpose.

Note that there is no requirement that you do or like anal play, nor is there a timetable. If you find yourself getting the urge to try it, fine. If you don't, fine.

If you do want to try it, refer to the pages on EC about prepping for anal sex as the process is basically the same. Plan on being able to take a shower afterward or have a warm moist clothe or two handy for cleanup. If you haven't played with lube before, don't forget that it adds a sound factor that isn't there if you're just jerking off in your bed at night with your family down the hall. Lubes can also stain, so if you're getting into this sort of thing it might be time to take over doing your own laundry, if you don't already.

Speaking of lubes, there are various threads on EC on lubes, both dedicated or using common household items. As I recall, a basic rule of thumb is that if you can eat it, it is safe to put in your ass as a lube.

Hope this helps,

Todd

13. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I'm sort of confused on what "lube" is? Is it short for lubricant? I don't know, I didn't think I should have known.

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say being 'ready' varies person to person. If you feel like you're ready, then go for it. If not, then don't try it if you don't want to.

16. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, now I know!

---------- Post added 7th Jul 2013 at 09:28 PM ----------

This might be a more graphic question. Errrrrr...... How do you apply lubricants? I'm far from ascertaining that I'll use them, but just out of curiosity...

17. LD579

You just put it either on your hand or penis, if you're going to masturbate or whatever that way, or you put it on your fingers or toy (or condom, if the toy is covered with one) if you're going to put them inside somewhere... so to speak. It's not hard at all. I think it'd be good to know this for the future, so it's good you're asking.

Slight segue: Oil based lubricants don't go well with latex condoms. Silicone based lubricants don't go well with silicone toys. With that said, in general, water based lubricants are a good place to start, but some feel that they dry out too quickly and need to be reapplied every now and then. Also, oil based lubricants are hard to wash off, as water and oil repel each other, as you may know.