1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Position for first time?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by catboy, Jul 9, 2013.

1. catboy

Hello all! My bf and I are possibly going to have our first time soon. We are both virgins and are wondering what position we should use. Any advice would be welcomed!

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Experiment :slight_smile: everyone is different in what they'll find most comfortable. Keep at it till you find a position the bottom is most comfortable with so he can relax to the point he wont feel pain (which can be difficult for first time), then go at :lol:

I believe that doggy is supposed to be pretty easy to relax in as the bottom, if he arches his back then everything is aligned, if you know what I mean, so it's easier for things to go where you want them to :lol:

All the best.

3. yidnah87

As a bottom, I did missionary my first time and still prefer it to this day. A lot of guys say that riding is the easiest position for a beginner, but I prefer to let him put it inside of me, as I'm afraid that I won't be able to being on top. Then of course the key is for him to be gentle and patient. And of course, don't forget lube and condoms!

4. jimL

Yes, use condoms and don't forget to lube inside and outside of the condom. Have fun!

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take it slooooooow, as it will probably be painful for him for his first time. Play around and have fun.

6. squally89

The spooning position is the most relax I find.

7. catboy

Thanks for all the help! I have looked at all you guys have written andread some on the side. I think doggy is our best bet! Any tips (besides a condom and lube)? or suggestions?

8. leaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My boy and I have still have issues with the doggy style position a year and a half later. He is about 4 inches taller than I am, and I am just too short to reach him and cant communicate to him how to get lower lol. He also is completely useless when bottoming, he just kinda turns to mush out of pleasure, so i cant make him stand either (his knees give out). We had and still have the best luck with him in the missionary position (his favorite) or on his belly with his legs together and me on top (my favorite).

Suggestions: Lots and lots of lube. Also if you precum a lot be aware of possible condom slippage if it isnt tight enough. I have to use one that feels too small to get it to stay on.

9. catboy

I am looking more for bottoming advice since I will be on the bottom. I will pass thisadvice on to my bf though!

10. LD579

If you use even just a small amount of lube on the inside of the condom, it can slide off of the penis, which is risky and not good. If using lube on the inside of the condom at all, use a tiny small tad of it.

Any position you choose should be fine. If you have a toy, you could practice with that. Otherwise, to be honest, though this may not be true for everyone, fingers kind of hurt down there, so take it slow. They're like bony, I guess, as opposed to toys which are softer and don't hurt as much.

11. Ridiculous

The advice often given for first time bottoming is to be on top while your partner is laying down flat on their backs - this gives you control of how fast things are moving which can make it easier to ease in at a pace you are comfortable with. The squat-like position you'd be in also generally makes anal sex easier, compared to other positions.

Some lube inside the condom (a drop or two that you put on the penis frenulum - the 'back' of the penis head - before putting the condom on for example) is a good idea. If you've put the condom on properly it should form a vacuum and be impossible to just slide or pull off; you should need to roll it back up to remove it.

#11 Ridiculous, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the size of your bodies. My BF and I usually do either missionary or spooning. Spooning is the easiest for me because I'm a big guy. But if you're the same height, doggy style would be easier.

13. LD579

Well, I stand corrected. My apologies and thank you, Ridiculous.

14. Pain

Pain Guest

Listen to what the people above said--

Also be wary--the age of consent in PA is 16, and you're 15.