1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why put lube on inside of condom??

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by danbyization171, Jul 10, 2013.

1. danbyization171

I have seen on here a few people suggesting putting lube inside of condoms????

Wouldn't that make the condom slip off????

2. BornInTexas

I think people put lube inside the condom so it doesn't rip or tear from the friction happening inside the condom. The condom should be tight enough around your shaft it doesn't slip off, but not so tight as to make your penis hurt/numb. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

3. Hefiel

That's actually the first time I hear about this. Reading from internet sources, it appears that it's recommended to put only 1 or 2 drop in the condom as it increases the sensation for the male, and apply lube outside of the condom to prevent friction and breakage.

4. KaraBulut

If the condom were a rigid piece of plastic, it would slip off.

But because it is a snug piece of latex, it forms a vaccum, as Hefiel indicated. And water-based lubes are not as much slippery as they are sticky. It's the sticky quality of the lube that makes the vacuum form.

And Hefiel is also correct. The lube between the penis does allow some slight movement of the condom which increases sensation for the person wearing it. The vacuum inside the condom limits how much it moves and prevents it from sliding off.

There's two ways of applying the lube. You can put a drop or two on the head of the penis and then slide the condom on. If you've been doing foreplay, then you can leave the lube on your penis and just slide the condom over the lube. After the condom is on, gently pinch the head of the condom, push out any air trapped in the condom and pull it forward to create the vacuum.

If you're not experienced with sex and condoms, get some condoms and lube and practice. Better to practice with condoms when you're by yourself than to try putting one on for the first time when you're really revved up and nervous and in a dark room with an eager partner.