1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small ingrown hair bumps on penis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by FreeFlow9917, Jul 12, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

So im not afraid to present myself as i feel as it is an important question, so i have to ask, why do i have bumps on my penis. I mean it's not a lot, just on the shaft and a lot near the the scrotum of the testicles, but i don't know why i have them. Is it because of masturbation as i do put lotion on my penis but not every time. I just feel like they shouldn't be there and i don't know how they've gotten ingrown in the first place. These are small bumps, they don't itch but it just feels really weird. Do they go away over time or do i need to do something else to get rid of them. Oh and with pubic hairs their are a lot of bumps near that reigon, but not visible. Plus they aren't like pimple size just like small bumps.

Did anyone else have this or is it just me.

2. LD579

They might be these things called Fordyce's spots which are harmless and quite a few people have them. Also, they might be ingrown hairs, but I wouldn't be able to tell from just your words up there. Do these spots hurt? Does it look like there's hair under these bumps?

3. FreeFlow9917

No not really, their just there

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2013 at 09:08 PM ----------

They're really harmless, i mean they don't hurt when i masturbate or touch them alone, it's just so bizarre on why they're there i know near the pubic area it's ingrown hairs, but on the penis alone theres only a couple in the front.

4. LD579

If it makes you feel better, lots of people have Fordyce's spots, and it isn't an issue to them or their partners or anyone else =)

5. FreeFlow9917

Good, relief thx :slight_smile:

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ye dude I've got them. My bf has them. Nothin to worry bout

7. Beware Of You

I have them as well, I never knew what they are so I went to the doctors, felt stupid

8. KaraBulut

9. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I have had them for as long as I can remember, and it was only recently that I saw a health program on TV that explained these.
    It is quite normal and is what the poster explained about "Fordyce Spots"
    Fordyce's spots, Fordyce granules or Sebaceous Prominence, are small raised, pale red, yellow-white or skin-coloured bumps or spots that appear on the shaft of the penis, the labia, scrotum, or the vermilion border of the lips of a person's face. They can also be found on the foreskin of the penis (called Tyson's glands).
    These are normal and are no cause for concern.