1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really hate my appearance

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by person57, Jul 13, 2013.

1. person57

I really hate my appearance, I don't think I'll ever find love and I think the reason I don't have a lot of friends is because I'm ugly. Even I think I'm ugly, everytime I look at myself in the mirror I die a little bit on the inside. I have moderate acne, i've been using clean and clear persa gel 10 for the past few days and I'm not noticing any results. In fact, I got a little worse. I also hate my hair, everyday when I put gel in it my hair never ends up as how I want it to be, it will either curl or get messy, I spend a lot of time doing my hair everyday. I also hate my body. Everyday, I work out my chest, arms, legs, thighs, and my butt and I barely notice any results. It took me a long time to get a two pack and now I almost have a four pack but its not even that noticeable. My arms barely seem to get any muscle, they barely seem to change at all. Same with my legs. However, and my butt only got a little bigger and rounder. I really hate the way I look, my parents think its annoying how I hate my looks and they say I'm vain and mean and it makes me feel bad. And I worry about my looks usually for like 3 or 4 hours a day. And I always wanted to wear concealer but my parents wouldn't let me. Somebody please help

2. Being comfortable with your physical self is one of the hardest things to do. Don't beat yourself up too much about it though, keep in mind that you may just have to grow into your looks, which most of us do. After all, you're 14 years old, you're still growing. I was really awkward at 14, so I completely understand, but in the past few years I've really grown into myself, and on occasion people have even told me that I'm attractive. So, don't feel too down about your looks, it's not worth it. If you don't obsess about it too much, you may even start to see what you like about yourself more often. In any case, no one is perfect. Just hang in there and be patient, things will get better.

3. person57

Thank you very much for the advice :slight_smile:

4. LD579

Getting rid of acne and gaining muscle mass takes time. Especially since you're only 14, results may take a while. I assure you, though, that if you stick to a good skin care routine and workout routine, you'll eventually have a clearer face and more toned body.

Also, since you're still growing, you should make sure you get enough to eat. I don't know if you're eating too little or too much, but if you want to gain muscle, you need an excess of food, and if you want to lose fat, then you need to burn off more calories than what you're eating. Regardless, though, it's important for you, as a growing teen, to get enough food.

As for your hair, maybe it's how you're getting it cut that restricts the way you can style it? It, of course, might just be how your hair is, though...

Besides that, your parents aren't being supportive by saying such harmful things. To be fair, while you may like to try concealer, many times it can exacerbate acne. It may not be such a bad thing that you can't wear some, at least for now. When your skin is clear but there are some marks, it may be better to look into wearing concealer then.

Everything I've written has been from a more factual point of view. Take that as you will.

5. person57

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: