1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ummm is it safe to use this ...?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by VyreRain, Jul 13, 2013.

1. VyreRain

is it safe to use Veet Fast acting gel cream hair remover to clean my ......downstairs ...?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's best avoided. Most hair removal creams are designed for the legs, and using them on genital skin is really not advisable.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

I've used Veet, and it works quite well. I'd recommend something more suited for sensitive areas for hair on the penis, scrotum, anus, and grundle, rather than regular old Veet.

4. VyreRain

well what should I use? .... I dont know .... and why is veet not recommended for genital area ?

5. LD579

It can cause burns and it's not comfortable and it hurts when you use them 'down there'. When you use depilatory creams, it shouldn't be painful.

When you use such creams, be careful and make sure you abide by the instructions. If it says not to keep it on longer than 15 minutes, than you should be getting rid of the cream at the 13-14 minute mark, just to be safe.

6. Pain

Pain Guest

I recommend Bare Balm (Ballsbalm). It's good for sensitive areas. You can google it for info on it.

7. Mrcake

Use it, just be careful to not use longer than ten mins and make sure you don't have open skin. I do it all the time :slight_smile:.

8. KaraBulut

Because these depilatory products work by breaking down keratin. Keratin is what holds hair together but it's also a big component in the surface of your skin. In breaking down the hair, it can also break down your skin which results in a nasty (and painful) burn.

The manufacturer of Veet and Nair makes a product for "sensitive areas" or the "bikini area". I do not recommend them for use around the genitals, though because of the risk of chemical burns. Trimming is always preferable but if you're wanting something more bare, waxing is a safer method than depilatories.