1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps from shaving

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by john1b1, Jul 15, 2013.

1. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I did a poor job of shaving "down there" a few weeks ago, and got a bunch of razor bumps because of it. I figured they'd go away in a while, but they don't seem to be going anywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to get rid of these?

2. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Don't shave below again ! :icon_bigg
    No I have heard that a little bit of toothpaste seems to do wonders for this sort of area and I only mean a LITTLE BIT :grin:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Use Hydrocortisone cream :slight_smile:

4. Hefiel

Ha! I got worse than razor bumps, I'm not sure they're scars (no blood), but about 3 inches below my ass on my left thigh, I've had 4 "scars" that look like claw marks for about a month now, but I'm 100% sure I caused them by mistake while shaving. Haven't figured out how to get rid of them yet, and I will ask my doctor when I go, but I kind of like them. Because of the area they are located in, the size, and the shape, it's kind of "hot".

Either I fought with a wild animal (and won) or I had a pretty wild night with some guy. Haven't quite decided which story to go with yet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @ Hefiel: hot werewolf-guy?

I would also suggest some cream with cortisone, you get this in every pharmacy, just ask for something against itching mosquito-bites

6. Hefiel

Sure, why not? :lol:

7. VelvetEYES

If you are going to continue shaving down there never shave it dry. Soap at the very least will help. Anything to stop the friction. Never shave against the grain down there. Shave down, not up. And lastly, If you've already went over a spot and it's clear of hair, don't go over it again. I've found this is the fastest way to irritate the skin and get razor bumps, if you keep going over the spot. You could always used clippers and be very careful and clip it to almost nothing. Trust me, if I can do it and I'm a chick, I'm sure you'll be able to do it without...cutting...anything LOL.

As far as dealing with the razor bumps, I've heard everything from exfoliating to using "tea tree oil" (Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and fungicidal agent). I've used it down there before and never got any razor bumps when I did (it DOES NOT burn and can be used as an alternative to using alcohol on skin without open wounds, test skin for allergy reaction 1st as with any new product). And the bumps could be arising from the area not being clean. Hence why when you go to a barber shop they use alcohol after lining up the hairline with clippers. If you don't use alcohol on the area or cut too close on your hairline or beards on guys you can get razor bumps. Same thing applies for down there.