1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cough not going away

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Steele, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For about the last two weeks I've had a cough that's just not going away. I always feel this tickle in the back of my throat that doesn't go away, even when I do cough. I'm not having any other cold/allergy symptoms, I'm not blowing my nose, I'm not sneezing, I don't feel tired, fatigued, or achy, and I'm not coughing anything up. Allergy medicine doesn't help, but cough drops do. And it doesn't get any better or worse depending on the location. But in the last few days it's gotten worse and I've been having more trouble talking. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be or what I can do to make this better?

2. LD579

Well, I would suggest going to a walk-in clinic. It'd be better to be safe rather than sorry. Besides, alleviating symptoms, if we knew how to help (I unfortunately don't), may be nice but what if whatever it is just gets worse?

3. TraceElement

I suggest going to your primary doctor or walk in clinic too. A cough interfearing with talking should be checked out.

4. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys, I'll get it checked out.