1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble staying asleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by lazyfire, Jul 17, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had been staying up late 75% of June but in July, I've been trying to sleep at 11 PM.
    I fall asleep relatively fast. The problem is that I cannot stay asleep for a long period of time.

Basically, I've waken up 4 times each morning for the past 3 days. I've woken up at:
    2 AM, 4 AM, 5 AM, and 7 AM. Finally, I fall asleep until 11.

I always wake up after my dreams and I don't know why it is happening now! It's so frustrating.
    The main issue is that I always feel extremely tired when I wake up for the day. My eyes can't stay open and they feel a bit weak. D:

2. LD579

Maybe look into XR (Extended release) melatonin? It's something you can buy over-the-counter and it's a chemical that's naturally produced in the brain.

Besides that, what do you think is waking you up, besides your dreams? Are there any light sources in your room (From the window, from an alarm clock, from some device that is charging...)? It could be that, too. Is anyone or anything loud in your house or does anything or anyone make sounds in the middle of the night?

If it's not any of those... It may be something that's not an external stimulus.

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    None of the following. I just wake up immediately after a dream. It's very annoying and it's in the middle of something like a scene in a class with really random discussions.

When I wake up though, I can easily fall asleep again but sometimes it takes a bit more time. It's like a ruined beauty sleep (especially when the sleeping gets good).

4. I have my bouts of insomnia, two things that work for me. Weed and tea.

Weed, self explanatory. Tea: Go to Publix (if you live in the U.S.) and buy Yogi Bear "Sleepy Time" tea. You will knock out.

5. purpleboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can have difficulty sleeping , im a very light sleeper and at the minute in the uk the weather is taking the piss (very warm) . I was reluctant to buy them as I don't like to make habits of taking drugs but I bought some nytol herbal sleeping pills, they kinda work a little I guess but not brill , ill be trying something else next time but they do have an effect.
    I struggle to sleep as well if I don't stick to a regular sleeping pattern, or oversleep.