1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigender and looking more masculine :I

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by StormySea, Jul 19, 2013.

1. StormySea

This is a little weird posting medical problem so openly on a forum, but WebMD's no help because the answer to everything on that site is basically cancer. xD

I'll try and make this sort and quick: I'm a biological female, around 17, and have been traveling a lot recently (no idea if that's even an important factor), and in the last month or so my body's been doing some crazy things.
    Basically:
    - Abnormal hair growth (in places where it should be on a girl- no beard, haha. But seriously, I'm shaving about twice to three times a day when I used to shave once every two days)
    - Jaw line appears broader
    - A lot more acne then I usually get
    - Hands appear... boxier (? I just remember I used to think my hands and fingers were slender, but now my fingers look a bit stubbier and my palms seem more angled [??? I'm doing a terrible job of explaining this, sorry.])
    - Ability to build muscle insanely easily in the last month

My initial notion after assessing all this was a testosterone imbalance, since these changes are all in areas generally controlled by hormones during puberty and I'm still a teenager, but a.) I'm not a doctor, so it's just and educated guess and b.) If it is a testosterone imbalance, should I be concerned about it?
    I'm not taking any medications, nothing about my environment had changed when I first started to notice these things (then I started traveling and noticed the hand thing), and as far as I know the only thing that's changed is me.

Anyway, if it's just my body doing a hormonal thing and other people have gone though this is would be a great relief to know!

And I guess it's possible that this might just be me and my bigendered self looking for more masculine things about me and getting desperate, heh. xD

(While I'm at it, just wanted to add in that I noticed yesterday my hands are asymmetrical [looking for problems much?]. My right hand, which I use more often then my left [ambidextrous] is slightly larger and the ring finger is shorter then the index finger while on my left hand, the ring finger is longer then the index finger. Not sure if that's normal of not. >.<)

Thanks for reading! :3

2. angelzflyyy

angelzflyyy Guest

I can relate StomySea, in high school I was told that I had more testosterone than estrogen in my system so the doctors put me on birth control. I really didn't want to be on birth control for medical reasons but I felt pressured to do what they said. After having complications with YAZ (bad drug) I told the doctors I'm not complying anymore. On birth control I felt only feelings for men. Off birth control I felt feelings for both sexes. I tend to shave a lot, and I used to work out alot (I'm very masculine) but because of my health I can't work out like I used to. Some days I feel girly, other days I feel masculine

3. StormySea

Okay! Good to know I'm not crazy about this!
    I guess I'll just let my body do it's thing and not try to get drugs to interfere with it, because it sounds like they tend to do more harm then good. (Plus- bigendered, so I'm kind of chill with the whole thing. XD)
    Thanks so much for your answer!

4. KaraBulut

For what you've described, you should see an OB/Gyn. There are conditions that can cause biological females to produce excess hormone. Your doctor can run the tests to determine if this is normal for you or whether there's a treatable condition.