1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i know if i have smething in my eye?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Stridenttube, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I was destroying hard drives and I broke a glass based platter when I was taking it out. There were thousands of tiny little shards the size of dust. I'm not sure if some could have landed in my eye or not. I was wearing my glasses at the time too. Would it hurt if I had something in them

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yes, your eyes are laced with intense amounts of sensory neurons, in fact they're one of the most sensitive places in the human body. You would definitely know if you even had so much as a spec of dust in them. If you aren't sure, then you don't.

If you ever find yourself with something in your eye however, roll them around in circles so it will edge its way out.

All the best.

3. josh9623

Actually, if you have something potentially sharp in your eye (e.g. glass/metal fragments) it is best to go to an optometrist or else it can bury itself in your eye. (very painful)

but if you don't feel it especially when blinking or looking around then you are probably fine.