1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hip issues.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Jul 22, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so for the past 2 months, I've been having issues with my right hip and it's gotten significantly worse. The first time I had any issue (that I can remember) was when me and my friends walked off campus. we were walking to this new gas station and then we went to burger king then went the movies then me and my friend raven walked home

as we were walking around, My right hip started to become sore and it became too much as I was walking home and I kind limped on home.

Over the few days, my hip recovered but then got worse. I did something to it because Now, whenever i walk on it, it hurts and its been that way for like 2 weeks.
    I have always rock myself back and forth to sleep and I usually sleep on my right side and now I can't rock back n forth on my right side because my hip will hurt really badly.

In fact, i just got up and I could barely walk. i was practically limping and I dont know what to do anymore.

I've tried stretching and exercising but nothing has worked.

whenever im walking and I put pressure on my right him, i can feel a slight pop ..but when i do not put pressure on it then I won't feel it. its only when i put pressure on it.

My pain is located in my top right hip.
    I told my dad. He thinks im being a baby and its because i lay in bed all the time but i've been staying in my bed for as long as i can remember and I hAVE never had any issues like this.

I don't know if this is correlated with it but I have mild scoliosis ...and my degree is less than 25 degrees. the doctor said if it gets to 25 degrees, i have to wear a brace but it never got to 25 degrees and the doctor said I wouldn't grow anymore.

I dont know if this happens to be with any of it but 2 months ago, i cut off ties with my ex and ever since then, i've physically worse. I dont think it does but maybe, i dont know

It hurts to get up and walk now and I feel old.

2. boysdontcry

If you can, definitely try to see a doctor about it. I've got a friend with a similar sounding joint problem in his knees and hips, and its serious enough that he can't do gym or walk home from school. there is most likely a professional diagnoses. I swear you're not old or crazy.

3. MerBear

I can't. my dad won't let me, i've asked.
    it sucks. Is there any other solutions?

4. Femmeme

It sounds like you might have irritation or bursitis. Is your gait altered by the scoliosis? That can cause chronic pain issues.

5. MerBear

no. i dnt think so. my hip issue just occurred 2 months ago and has gotten worse for some reason.

my back is actually feeling better than it usually does which is weird

6. TraceElement

Try putting aa heating pad or something simmilar on the area. Rest it as much as possible... I know it is hard, but at least try. Also, take some ibuprofen (Advil, motrin) or Aleve to manage pain and possible inflamation. If it still hurts in another week, go see your doctor.

7. MerBear

I dont have a heating pad and I have been resting it. I mean, I lay in bed and am relaxed but it still hurts. I take hot showers and all that.

I'll try again.

Okay, i will with the ibuprofen thing

8. MerBear

it still hurts :frowning2: