1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so skinny!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by person57, Jul 23, 2013.

1. person57

I need help. I'm so skinny. I'm 5'5 and I weigh like in the early 90's pounds. I try to eat more and I exercise everyday but I barely gain any weight. I have a two pack that's almost a four pack but I'm thin and I want to be in the the 100's. Oh, any my arms and wrists are also skinny. I lift weights everyday but they don't change. I'm so frustrated. I need advice :'(

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You're only 14. Your body is probably still in development, so you shouldn't worry about building big muscular arms. However you are underweight. Maybe you are exercising too much? Exercising burns calories, whereas you want to take in more calories than you burn in order to gain weight.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    14 was only BARELY into puberty for me. You won't be able to get impressive muscles until it's completely done (I work out frequently and I'm still sort of skinny), so hang in there like another 5 years. :wink: You can get toned and healthy, but young people tend to be skinny. It's completely normal and anything out of the ordinary is probably of interest to doctors.

EDIT: Besides, some people prefer skinny guys, though I can only speak for myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 Argentwing, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. apostrophied

Ahh I feel your pain, I was (and still am, really) very skinny, too. :S

Please talk to a professional about weight-lifting, as you are still developing and you could potentially cause long-term damage. Plus you're probably burning a lot of calories doing that, which may not be ideal depending on your eating habits.

In terms of eating, not so much to do, except eating big portions of healthy foods. Of course, chips every once in a while won't hurt you, but don't over-do it. :wink:

What it basically boils down to is that you have to accept it. Yeah, I know, it's hard for me, too. But one day, you'll be older and will surely gain weight like everybody else. I know it's not what you want to hear, but ehh, sometimes the truth sucks. So sorry. :frowning2:

PS.: If you are skinny to the point of it being a medical issue, go to a doctor.

5. Keegan24

Story of my life, though it does have it perks... skinny jeans never looked so good :slight_smile:
    Oh and I love the looks I get when I wolf down half a buffet and manage to maintain my super skinny figure. The beauty of a fast metabolism :grin:

6. UndercoverGypsy

As a gay guy your age, the skinny guys are the hot guys! :icon_bigg

Enjoy it, man. It's probably a metabolism thing.

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Adding more Potatoes & Bread to your diet might help :slight_smile:

8. Perseus

Loads of pasta and cheese :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It helps

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep up the cardio, but eat more than you burn.
    You're 14. Don't rush yourself - plenty of time to put on muscle when your body is actually ready for it.

Also, maybe find a good video game that you can play mindlessly. :wink:

10. KaraBulut

Two questions:
    1. What exercises are you doing?
    2. What are you doing to measure your progress other than tracking your weight?

11. person57

Omg you just made me blush lol

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2013 at 10:30 PM ----------

1. I do ab workouts, arm workouts, butt workouts and sometimes I go for bike rides and walks.

2. I usually check my naked body out in the mirror sometimes to see my progress.

12. UndercoverGypsy

I try. *bows*

13. lukeluvznicki13

16 years of age is best when wanting to try work on muscles and such. Well that is what doctors say anyways. You may find that since you are still young, you have a fast metabolism so you digest things fast and you don't gain lots of weight.

14. person57

I'm not even lying when I first saw your reply I blushed so much and I'm still blushing lol

15. UndercoverGypsy

Damn. Now you got me going. Blushing doesn't go with Metallica.

16. KaraBulut

You're still young but it's still a good age to start a weight-lifting program. You're doing some exercise but if you're wanting to add mass, you will need a program that exercises all of the muscle groups and you will need to ensure that you get the necessary calories to build muscle. Because you are small framed, you need to also work on legs.

The important thing to keep in mind is that it takes time and dedication. Because you're still getting taller, it will be a couple of years before you add the kind of muscle that you want to add.

Use a tape measure. You won't be able to see subtle changes in the mirror. Don't just focus on your arms. The type of weight lifting that you need to do should work the major muscle groups on opposing days- usually the goal is to hit each group 1-2 times per week.