1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of energy all the time!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zaio, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC,

So, I have a lack of energy all the time and it's seriously irritating the hell out of me. 2 days ago I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 6am. I felt so tired that day that I actually went to bed again at 12 all the way till 8pm.

I constantly have a tired feeling, even when I'm the most awake I'll be during the day, like I'll feel constantly tired but it's stronger at certain parts of the day to the point I have to sleep. I cant see why this is, my sleeping should be fine, I don't wake up during the night so I should be getting enough REM sleep.

So, any ideas?

All the best.

2. Gen

Gen

Are you on break from school?(I'm guessing since you were able to sleep all day)

And if so is it only on break that you feel exhausted?

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I am on break, yes. And no I also felt pretty tired when I was at school too, however it does appear to be stronger now that I'm on break.

All the best.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Could be anemia. At 16 you still need extra iron. I don´t know what your diet looks like?

5. Nick07

It could be your age - the body needs a rest to deal with the hormonal storm :slight_smile:
    If you feel dizzy when getting up quickly for example or if you feel like fainting sometimes, it can really be anemia. You may want to have a blood test done. Severe lack of iron causes A LOT of problems.

6. srslywtf

Go to the doctor and ask him to check you out for any deficiencies :slight_smile:

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I'm not sure if I have that, cause if I do I'd only have the energy thing, is it possible to have iron deficiency anemia and only get the tiredness?

I do get that, but it was my understanding that's orthostatic hypotension and is related to dehydration isn't it?

I would but I only recently went for something to do with my cholesterol, I don't really want to get on my GP's nerves. Do you know if you can get multiple things sorted out at once? Because I'd also like to get my blood pressure checked as I've never had that done before either.

All the best.

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don´t get on a GP´s nerves! They are there to help.
    And yes they can check out a whole bunch of things in one go.

And yes it is possible to only be tired or have real vague complaints with anemia.
    Some don´t even notice a thing and it comes up in routine (blood) check up. My auntie had that.

9. Bear101

Go to your doctor. That's what they're there for. It could range from anything from mono to anemia to depression to Vitamin D deficiency to something much more serious. Or it could be nothing at all. But they can't figure it out until they know that there's a problem.

And if you think that you're bothering them? Remember, they get paid every time they see you. Don't be afraid to utilize them. One thing you'll hear most doctors say is "I wish that they had come to me sooner."

10. Gen

Gen

Sorry, I fell asleep. Lol

Anyway, I asked if you were on break because the lack of schedule during summer vacations tends to make students extremely lethargic.

When you get up in the morning if you are tired, take a shower. Clean yourself normally, then when you are about to get out turn the shower to the coldest setting it allows and suffer for about a minute. Its not really that bad, after about 15 seconds you body will adapt just like swimming in a pool. Its essentially a minor shot of caffeine as it speeds up your heart rate, and kick starts your metabolism to burn the calories needed to sustain your core temperature. Though its obviously healthier than that shot of actual caffeine.

Make sure your windows are blinds are all open as well. Sunlight instinctive tells the body to suppress its desire for sleep.

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I think it's likely a lack of schedule. Does the sunlight thing matter if I just have my room lights on? Or does the body still release melatonin without pure sunlight? That cold shower thing is a good idea I'll have to remember that, thanks.

Also, what's the best way to reset a sleeping schedule as quickly as possible? Because that day I was talking about where I slept from 12-8 after already sleeping 10-6 has messed up my sleeping routine. Currently I'm going to sleep about 8am and waking up 6pm, I'd like to shift that back to about 11pm-6/7am, however every time I try I just get so sleepy and end up sleeping twice in one day, setting it back to my annoying schedule.

All the best.