1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes On Opposite Gender?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jimi, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was in elementary and high school, I remember I had a few crushes on girls. I remember one girl in high school I was completely obsessed with. I loved her hair, her voice, her face, and just everything. It was a genuine crush. I had no idea where this was coming from. I had no sexual attraction to any of them though, like I didn't think about being their boyfriend. I just liked looking at them lmao. Sounds creepy, I know. But that was all. I just had simple crushes on them but I don't go through that anymore. I think maybe because I was young and confused? I know I'm not bisexual...Anybody else experience this?

2. LD579

It might've been just very strong admiration, maybe, mixed in with some confusion, perhaps? I 'liked' girls when I was 12 and younger, but after that, not anymore. It turns out I just liked them a lot as people, but not as potential girlfriends, I'd think.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Yes, and I still sometimes do. You dont have to be sexually attracted to someone to think that they are pretty, or to know that they are attractive. I can look at girls and see tell that they are attractive even if I am not the one that necessarily is attracted to them.

4. Northern

I used to have "crushes" on girls but really for me it just ended up being where I kind of wanted to be them, no not a woman but because they would have boyfriends and just be themselves. So for me, it wasn't so much wanting to be with them as having the freedom they had to date guys and stuff.

5. LinkLarkin

I know what you mean. I used to have "crushes" on girls when I was younger but they weren't a patch on what I feel for guys. However, even these days I occasionally feel a pang when I see a girl who I think is particularly attractive. Happened most recently not more than a month ago. I don't really like it because after taking years to accept my sexuality, this just throws everything up in the air again. But when I feel that way about a girl, I try to imagine doing anything sexual and it just feels so wrong, so I'm definitely gay.

6. Northern

I am at a point in my sexuality where I can tell if a female is attractive and say it, but I don't feel anything for her, maybe envy that but not because I want to be with her or anything. Also it is completely possible you are just bi, you could be bi who just leans more towards guys.

7. Music Heals

Only here is a crush on the opposite gender an actual problem... :slight_smile:

8. frustratedangst

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well. I'm also attracted to an opposite gender. ^^

9. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I'm a lesbian, but I remember having similar feelings for boys back in middle school. No sexual attraction, just looking at them a lot and loving their face and personality. It doesn't mean you're not gay, just that you were a normal hormonal kid who had straight tendencies before he figured himself out. I just assumed I was straight and built up these obsessions with guys that weren't really there. Now that I know I'm a lesbian, I never feel this way anymore. Besides, whatever you decide to identify as, that's what you are. Sexuality isn't black and white, it's a whole spectrum, no need to fuss over this. You are what you are, don't worry about it. If you know you aren't bi, then you aren't bi. :slight_smile: