1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dams/Protection among women: Whats the climate?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by mccutchNdeveaux, Aug 2, 2013.

1. mccutchNdeveaux

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not exactly sexually active as I prefer unicorns: femme4femmes that are actual lesbians as opposed to straight identified deeply closeted/merely curious individuals with husbands/boyfriends.
    Holding out for a hero.Yay me.
    Anyway I've done a little research on dams.Apparently lesbians are about as loath to use dams as men are condoms and possibly more so as the assumption tends to be that we are for the most part impervious to disease.I don't know if this is something I could really stick to in a comitted "premarital" relationship but these days I think its a logical (and kind of romantic if a bit unsexy) idea to at least use protection until marriage. Now maybe dams aren't as easily accessible as condoms and condoms etc. can be substituted for dams. I think people are a little more conscientious when it comes to straps. Maybe my information is outdated. Its just kind of an interesting thought that trying to use protection could ruin the mood or something.