1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne Treatment isn't working

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by person57, Aug 4, 2013.

1. person57

I've been using this acne treatment for about a month and I'm not noticing any result. I used a generic brand of Clean and Clear persa gel 10. I'm starting school in about a week and I really wanted my acne to go away before school. My acne is moderate and I'm so nervous and embaressed to go to school with acne. I'm very insecure and my acne causes me social issues. What if I get bullied and nobody likes me?

2. srslywtf

1. Exfoliate
    2. Benzoyl Peroxide
    3. If your skin is too dry after this use an oil-free moisturiser.

It will get worse for a bit then better.

This is the only thing that worked for me. It won't go away but it will be better. It will go away mostly once you get older.

You must must must do it EVERY day.

3. Ridiculous

You won't - the majority of people your age will have acne as well. Don't worry.

This is a good idea, although I would make a few changes - if you're exfoliating only do it once or twice a week (you don't want to scrape away at your skin too much and irritate it more than it already is), and always use a non-comedogenic moisturiser, don't wait until your skin is already dry (you can put it on over top of the benxoyl peroxide cream and use them both at once if you like).

Dermatologists will almost always prescribe this to you for acne before they let you try anything else, so try it yourself. You can get benzoyl peroxide creams at any pharmacy.

#3 Ridiculous, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Sorry kid, 1 week isn't enough time.. Besides I doubt your classmates would care really, they're probably worrying as much as you.

5. Mhin

I just use toner. And never ever ever touch your face with your hand :slight_smile:, hand is the worst enemy of the face - for me :slight_smile:

6. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Naww, Person57 I totally feel your pain. I recently changed my medication for an ongoing problem and it made me break out with terrible cystic acne- and I'm 33!!

Unfortunately, acne can be a slow and difficult beast to tame. I know how badly you want it gone before school starts but I think the kindest thing you can do for yourself is accept that you're going to have it for a while.

Most acne treatments will take at least 6 weeks to start working and even then, the pimples won't just magically disappear overnight. So unfair, isn't it?

Now, the more important issue here is your fear of being bullied and socially rejected. Bullies can only bully you if you allow them. Sounds like bullsh!t I know, but it's true. If you own your skin, accept what it is and exude confidence anyway, people will like you. If somebody calls you a mean name, don't let it get to you, that's what they want. Some kids try to make themselves look tough or cool by insulting others. Instead of letting them do that, you can just show them up for the idiots they are by calmly and maybe even with a little smile, "that's a really mean thing to say. Why would you say that?". Of course, we are jumping the gun here, none of this may even happen. :slight_smile:

A guy once told me a woman can have pimples and still be beautiful. So too can a guy have acne and still be sexy, funny, confident and desirable. Just hold your head up and be proud. (*hug*)

7. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All right, go to the doctor. Or a dermatologist. I know it's embarrassing and awkward and you won't want to, but it's the only way you can get a good, prescription medicine that will work for you. I was getting my shots a few years ago, and said to my doctor I was sick of my acne. It was pretty bad. She immediately wrote me up a prescription to something called Mylan. It's Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel. It's in a white jar and it this cream you put on your face after washing it twice a day. It works wonders, and I've used it ever since. My skin cleared up so fast and now I have such great skin it's unbelievable. I don't even have zits anymore except for the occasional breakout, and with the medicine, any zits I do get go away in a day or two. All the other stuff I bought at the store didn't work, but this does perfectly. The best bet you can go for is a prescription made by a doctor for your acne. It's SO worth it.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worked two years on an acne study, so I know a little about it. Get thee to a dermatologist, the range of treatments is truly extraordinary and the new (topical and oral) drugs have far fewer side effects.