1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Crib Death / Bed Death

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LuvMyIB, Aug 5, 2013.

1. LuvMyIB

"Lesbian bed death is the ocurrence when sexual activity diminishes and eventually virtually ceases after the first stages of a lesbian relationship, and the couple become more like friends or companions.

Although it is a widespread myth that the "bed death" is mainly common amongst lesbians, is is not a trait exclusive to lesbian realtionships. On contrary it is common for sexual activity to decrease in all romantic relationships after the first stages. "

Now that was the term is anyone else experiencing this in their relationship?

I often wonder if I'm alone but I know for sure in my mind I'm not.... It sucks!!! I am so in love with my partner of 16 years that it amazes me that the intimacy is gone. Maybe I am kidding myself maybe she doesn't love me the way I love her. I have spoken to her about this for years I get the same response "we will be intimate next week, but next week never comes." I thought it was a self esteem issue for her but we have since joined a gym and she is looking hot. She still believes that I am hot.... I just don't know I am at the end of my thoughts as to why?

In the beginning we were like rabbits anywhere anytime now I can't even get a touch or two. LoL I must have failed her somewhere on the intimacy part.

2. josh9623

just because you two aren't going at all the time does not reflect how your partner feels. It is possible that while she is still attracted to you, she might find your normal relations boring or too routine. Have you tried talking with her about trying something new?
    Also, since females lack the physical need to get off, some (not all) women will become uninterested in the act itself (not necessarily who it's done with).

Hope I made sense, and was helpful. If not please tell me.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey just because she doesn't want to be intimate doesn't mean its your fault, maybe there is something else that is causing her lack of sex drive.

4. sammy1

I think this happens at some point in any relationship! i find it annoying that some idiot decided to label it! Lesbian death bed isay its a load of bullshit lol...whats it called wen a married straight couple stops having sex or being intamate? Y is there not a label for that? Sorry if that didnt help i just hate when people use that term

5. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think becoming frigid in the relationship is the opposite continuum swing a becoming a nymph. Passing partners may feel either one with different relationships. If you are are concerned about your future you may lose interest in sex. If you are carefree at the time you're using a trampoline to get in bed.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It happens a lot with straight couples I'm surprised they don't have a name for it .

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Yeah, this happened to my wife and I during our relationship. Sex was already strongly on the wane at the time of our marriage and then really nosedived after that. Occurred maybe once a month on average during the last couple years. I like to say that it was because, after some early adventurousness, my wife was utterly boring in bed. Never did a thing to try to "stimulate" me or act sexy, just laid there and expected me to pounce because I had a Y chromosome. Then again, her side of the story would probably lay the blame at my feet for not being much of a man, and if my high heels could talk, they would likely say there's something to that sentiment. :lol: