1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phimosis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Typhoon, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is embarrassing :confused: I have phimosis, or at least when I get an erection and attempt to pull down my foreskin, it feels extremely uncomfortable and starts hurting. This is not the case when I am flaccid. Whilst currently I am not sexually active, there is the side-effect that my penis smells like an English breakfast cooked sometime in 1890. Is there something I can do about this condition?

Also in case I do ever find someone that would have sex with me, should I tell him this?

2. LinkLarkin

Hey, I recommend speaking to your doctor. The one way that's sure to solve it is circumcision, which as I'm sure you know is nothing to be ashamed of since so many people have it done, and if it's medically necessary then it's medically necessary - but if that sounds less appealing then your doctor may be able to recommend something else. I'm afraid I'm not an expert in that area so don't know exactly what treatment options are available, but if it's bothering you then it's definitely worth asking a professional. And it'll save you worrying about what you're going to tell a potential sexual partner, at least.

3. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First of all I'm going to point out that unless you want it, circumcision should only be a last resort. When I was younger, during sex ed classes they would tell you to always wash under your foreskin. It was around this time that I realised I had phimosis, I was so worried about it and though it might majorly affect my sex life. I started looking around online and found that it was quite common and lots of people just leave it the way it is, I wasn't satisfied with that so I started to use stretching techniques I found online. It slowly started to work and now my penis is absolutely normal. I would never consider circumcision unless its medically necessary, I love my foreskin and I love the pleasure that comes with having a foreskin.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I speak to a doctor as what one of the above mentioned, or I would just research it on a medical website and see what options they have to solve it :slight_smile:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you :slight_smile:

I actually haven't spoken to a doctor to be honest. I'm also a bit nervous regarding circumcision, I read a few months ago on these forums about how the operation went very badly for them. For now I'll stick to reading the link to stretching posted by Dublin Boy. :slight_smile:

7. KaraBulut

It's jumping the gun to talk about circumcision at this point. The fact that you can pull the foreskin back when you are flaccid indicates that you may have some other options.

The first step is to have your doctor take a look. Or he may refer you to a urologist for evaluation.

There's two things that need to be evaluated- whether the issue is a tight frenulum (the flap of skin the joins the head of the penis to the foreskin) or whether you have a band of tissue inside of the foreskin that is preventing it from stretching enough to slide over the head when you're erect.

After the evaluation, your physician will have a better idea of what the options are.