1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecure about my body

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Oxelotl, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Oxelotl

Okay so be prepared for a possibly..self absorbed post. And I also really was not sure where to put this. so yeah.
    Anyway, I don't like my body. I have a stomach which I hate, I hate my legs I think they're horrible, I think my face is boring, plain, stupid, and I hate my chest and weird skinny arms. And yet every person (man) I ever see online, anywhere, specifically gay men, they're always skinny men with a nice toned chest, muscle tone, and you know, f***ing cute. And I see so many picture of gay couples, holding hands, equality type pictures, and every single picture these guys look like this and it's given me the notion that all gay couples are really attractive cute couples. And then I panic and in my head I automatically think I look nothing like these guys I could never be cute and I freak out etc etc. So the whole point of this whiny neurotic post is, I'm insecure about my body, and I just want to know if there's anyway to get the f*** over myself, because no matter how I try I go back to the same panicky whiny thoughts.

And here's an emoticon because why not. Sorry if this post is annoying anyone...:dry:

2. falsereading

falsereading Guest

I would much rather date someone with imperfections (no one is 100% perfect, not me, not anyone) than someone who spent every moment of the day obsessing about diet, muscles, clothing etc. If you can change things to make you happy then do it but I'll say if you find someone who is willing not to date you because of your legs/stomach they probably are not worth wasting your time over.

3. AyaLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The media is really horrible with portraying bodily image, it is true, because you see pictures of muscly, chiselled men and perfectly curvy or skinny women and it's shocking. The majority of people don't look like that, look around you!

Something that one of my friends was told to do by a guidance counsellor at school when they were having issues with their body was to look in the mirror and focus on the things you like about your body. Like, you might have gorgeous eyes or a really nice nose or perhaps you're tall - I don't know, but however you look, I guarantee that when it comes to relationships, the person who falls in love with you is not going to be fazed by your physical appearance, and they will love you, for you.

If you are so unhappy, you could always try and work out or something and bulk up a bit, but make sure that you do it healthily and keep a balanced diet and exercise regularly but do not go so over the top with it that you end up hurting yourself.

4. Jordz

I used to be like that, but now i'm a lot more happy and comfortable with my body. I'm not sure why but I guess Its because I'm much happier with who I am.

Also a lot of the couples you see online aren't always a good example because they will spend lots of time exercising and diets, etc which many people aren't able to do. There isn't a certain way a gay couple should be because people are all different, just be comfortable in yourself. If someone doesn't want you for them reasons then you don't need them because they don't accept you for how you are.

5. srslywtf

Confidence is what people want to see. 99% of what you notice about your own body other people dont.

Look at popular/successful ugly people. They all carry themselves confidently and own their bodies with pride.

If you can change something that you dont like, work on it. If you can't change something, dont let it control your personality

6. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you think all gay men have a perfect body you are wrong. I like to be nude at home. Being nude has caused me to get in touch with my body. I have learned what I like and dislike. Saying this, I am pretty damn proud of what I have. To prove that all gay men are not toned and skinny. First, this may be limited. Google gay naturist. You will see that the build of the men are skinny and trim to obese. In addition, you may also want to check out AANR(American Association for Nude Recreation). This is a nude naturist group for all people in North America that enjoy nudism, gay, straight, whatever. If you look at these sites, you will see there are very few perfect bodies, and that is okay. In addition there is an online video cam group for nudist called true nudist. If you join this, you will see no one is perfect.

7. Oxelotl

Okay thanks for the advice. I'll try and relax and not worry and be happy etc etc. Again sorry if it was whiny, thanks :slight_smile:

8. FreeFlow9917

I have stretch marks on my stomach and athletic, i also have them on my arms when my dad made me work out at an early age, and under my armpits near the lats. Im really not that fat, you sound cuter than most guys out there