1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One week strong, withdrawal symptoms?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shamrockmut93, Aug 6, 2013.

1. So, this is my 8th day without a cigarette, and so far so good. However, I still kind of have a cough which comes and goes, and today I've been having a random, cramp-like pain under my right rib cage. It's only lasted for a few seconds each time, and it's not unbearable at all (maybe a 4 on a scale of 1-10), but it still kind of scares me. I also have anxiety, which I know can be heightened by withdrawal, and it can also lead me to believe that I'm experiencing symptoms of just about anything, so for those of you who have quit smoking, did you experience this as well?

2. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, same things. I have anxiety too, which did get heightened. But the only thing that really worked for me in quitting was determination. You have to just wait it out. The withdrawals, the cravings, the freaky symptoms. You'll probably have mood swings and be more irritable, and it will be hard a some points of quitting, but you just gotta not give up. Don't start up again. Every single day you go without a cig, the better you will feel. You are doing yourself a major favor by quitting. Keep it up!