1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retarded mouth/lip ulcer/cyst/whatever

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by joshhunt, May 13, 2008.

1. joshhunt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nearly all year (atleast 12 weeks), ive had (and still have) this retarded ulcer/cyst on the inside of my lip...

Its like where i would normally have an ulcer, except it is smaller, and its more like a solid ball that is just under my skin... The area around it is slightly swolen, but there isnt really any visable signs of it apart from that.

It is really annoying me because it is kinda keeping me from guys (At a couple of parties ive had to not participate in spin the bottle because i dont really want anyone around it like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and in the last couple of days i cant help but to 'play' with it with my fingers, so i must look pretty odd with my fingers hanging out of my mouth.

I have been biting it a bit (but not too much/too hard) since ive had it, and i know i shouldnt, but i just cant help it. I left it alone for like a week by chewing gum constantly, but it kinda made my stomach go all odd, and now that im back at school, i cant have gum in class. During this period, it got a bit smaller, but it still didnt go away.

I want to go to the doctors, but my mum keeps dismissing it as if it is of no importance and if i leave it alone it will go away (even though it didnt last time with the gum)

I want to know how i could fix this, or if anyone would know what it is? It is really starting to piss me off

2. Adrian

Adrian Guest

You should really see a doctor, as even if it's nothing serious they should be able to help.

According to this you should see a doctor after three weeks.

3. Louise

If your mum isn't taking this seriously you could just phone the doctor's youself to make an appointment then take the bus, walk or cycle to your doctors.

You don't say where you live, if you are in England it will be free and if you are anywhere else I expect you can ask them to bill it to your parents but you might want to ask when you make the appointment.

It really would be best if you got it looked at, even if it is nothing then at least you will know and you can stop worrying. Ask your mum once more then just get on and make the appointment yourself if you have to.