1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by FloatingPiano, Aug 8, 2013.

1. FloatingPiano

Hello. I don't really need advice on this, but out of pure curiosity I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum has this or something similar. :slight_smile:

I have Chronic Tic Disorder, which is where I make small involuntary movements with my body. It's the same concept as Tourette Syndrome, but without vocal tics.

Mine is not very noticeable unless you are REALLY paying close attention to me. I twitch mostly the muscles around my face/neck and I blink a lot. I also constantly move my toes.

2. i have tourettes, but its mild.

i meow and make weird faces sometimes. not the same as what youve got though, but similar :slight_smile:

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I do not, but I have several friends where they're tics are very noticeable. They blink really hard, and the twitch pretty violently at times. I think its a pretty normal thing :slight_smile:

4. rusteejay

I have the same thing. Mines usually based on anxiety and i also take an amphetamine-based medication for ADHD. I used to squint and twitch my nose. Also i click my fingers rhythmically, like in a certain order for some reason. I have tourettes though so its slightly different!

5. BooksJeansTea

I twitch once in a while but not constantly. :slight_smile: Mine are pretty noticeable but can be passed off as a chill in a pinch. My friends are great about it though. They say it's "endearing". :grin:

6. FloatingPiano

Mine think so too! lol

:grin: Thanks for all the responses! Glad to know I'm not the the only twitchy one here. :slight_smile:

7. FreeFlow9917

Same as you, but i also have autistic and mild aspergers and i only do it when i think about it

8. LuvMyIB

May I ask? Are you on any medication? If you are that could be a side effect to them. I don't know how long you have had the tics but I have developed them over the years from Abilify. Now I have to take another medication to combat the tics. LOL funny how this medication stuff works. Take one for one problem only to form another problem to have another medication to combat the problem from the first medication... ARGGGGHHHH.....

9. FloatingPiano

No, I am not on nor have I been on any major medications. I just take Claritin for seasonal allergies. I've had these tics since I was 12, and I'm 18 now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They don't really bother me and seem to be getting better with age.

That sucks that your meds gave you tics! I hope the new medication is helping you?

I do suffer from anxiety, which my doc thinks could be bringing them on more.

Also, I suffer from a very mild form of Dyspraxia and I have Dyscalculia, so I think I just got some messed up neurological function, haha.

10. tourettesqueen

Nope but I have Tourette's.

11. tourettesqueen

Endearing? Most people find my tics "annoying." Then again, my tics are moderate to severe.