1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by animequeen567, Aug 8, 2013.

1. animequeen567

Well, I think this is more of a mental health issue rather than a physical health issue, but I wasn't sure where to put this. I've been stressing out quite a bit lately because I am waiting for an email about getting (or not getting) more financial aid for college. If I get it, the person on the phone told me it would be $25,000! I go to a very expensive school (and I'm very poor...there's few colleges with my major...). I owe them roughly $11,200. From the way it sounded on the phone, it was very likely that I would be able to get the money. The problem is I called on Monday, and I haven't gotten an email yet. This stress is killing me. It was hard enough keeping calm on the phone. Now I have to wait and if this doesn't work it's certain that I can't go back. I've tried keeping calm, but my dad isn't helping much. He asks me, "Did you hear anything about that money for college yet?" and when I say "no, dad" he says "You know you're not going to be able to go back to college." I just want to have hope that I can go back. It's where I go to get away from my family, the abuse, and to get my degree doing something I really enjoy and where I go to be with friends who I consider to be my real family. I'm just so stressed. I try not to think about it, but I can't not think about it. I'm going crazy! I just want to know that I'm going! This stress is making it hard to sleep!

Long story short is: how do I deal with this stress? How do I not think about it? How do I wait patiently?

I don't manage stress well. I just want to know what I should do... :bang: