1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muscle Fatigue? What is this?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SecretlyASloth, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SecretlyASloth

At 14 is it too young to be getting muscle fatigue? To be honest I'm not sure if muscle fatigue is even something that is common in people my age or if it's more common later on.
    At random intervals I feel like a strange weakening, painful sensation in the right side of my back and the back of my right arm. I don't really know if it is muscle fatigue so any help is appreciated.

BTW - I do somewhat intense cardio (elliptical or dance conditioning), along with like 30 push ups and then some pull ups everyday. I don't think I do much exercise overall.

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there are so many reasons you could have muscle fatigue, anything from Flu onset to Vitamin D Deficiency. You would need to see a doctor and possibly gave bloods to find a real cause.

So if you're really concerned, see your Doc :wink:

3. Mrcake

Muscle fatigue happens to any person. Muscle fatigue happens when you work out certain muscles and the muscles release something called lactic acid, which builds up - this makes you sore and crampy feeling. I recommend taking at least one rest day to let your muscles rest, otherwise you will always be in pain and your muscles will have no break. Make sure that your form is good when you do pushups and pull ups - If you are arching your back when you do these exercises, that will cause certain muscles to be strained; this explains why your back may be hurting and your arm. If this pain persists after you have given yourself a rest, then you should see a doctor. Make sure your diet is healthy and you are getting the proper nutrients - try eating lots of fruit and stay away from sugary drinks. Make sure that you are getting at least .333 grams of protein for every pound you weigh - protein and carbs help with workout recovery.

4. Nick07

To add to everything the posters above me said... if it is just on one side, it can also be caused by spine and the nerves. Probably the neck spine. That part is responsible for how your arms feel.

5. Pocky

I'm not a doctor (surprised?) but if it occurs through one side of your back and arm concurrently, then perhaps it sounds like a http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/guide/compressed-nerves

I've had this in my right hand recently and only last week realised it was because of the way I was holding my mouse at work.
    It's still a bit tingly and sometimes a bit difficult to lift weights but I bought one of those padded mouse pads so hopefully it goes away in time.

It could be to do with how you sleep or perhaps the push ups/pull-ups as Mrcake suggested.
    Make sure you're using your core to keep your back straight with push ups (squeeze like you need to pee). With pull ups, make sure you're using you scapular (in between your shoulder blades) as the main muscle for that movement. Keep your elbows down and look straight ahead with your head up (like you're going to headbutt the roof.

If you don't work out what's causing it on your own, definitely see a real doctor - just to be safe :slight_smile:

6. lukeluvznicki13

ooo i learned something new x]

7. rusteejay

That is probably considered a lot of exercise. If you didn't do anything and you felt like this THEN you should be concerned.