1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very jet lagged T____T

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 12, 2013.

1. I recently got back from Hong Kong on short notice due to a family emergency. I'm very jet lagged right now and it's actually 2:00 on Tuesday morning at Hong Kong while it's Monday at 11:30 pacific time in the morning.

I'm very tired and I really want to sleep but the morning sun shines through my window and into my room and directly on my bed (the blinds aren't effective to completely block out sun), it's pretty loud at this time, it's hot, and I want to get used to this time zone since I start school this Thursday and my first class is at 6:55 in the morning. I even have some dizziness when I walk around and this is affecting my typing speed.

Please help. Should I get some rest right now, or stay up until it's nighttime?

2. pippi

I think you should get rest. If you are so tired that you are dizzy, your body is telling you to rest! Get some sleep! You can slowly begin to adapt to the time changes and your body will adjust.

Pippi

3. sharkpool

omg the same thing happened to me when i went to Hong Kong! but there were only 12 hours of difference. the worst part was not being able to sleep at night!
    my advice would be basically the same as pippi's. get some rest if you are tired, don't force yourself to stay awake. your internal clock will eventually regulate and you'll be fine.

4. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

It would be a good idea to get rest if you are feeling like it could potentially hurt you, however, you will need to eventually take a plunge and make the commitment to change your sleep schedule. I know how you feel though. Hang in there.

5. Thanks guys. I'm actually somewhat adjusted to my new sleeping schedule now.