1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What qualifies a girl as "slutty"?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JillandJill, Aug 20, 2013.

1. JillandJill

Is a girl slutty if she has sex with different people like five, ten times a month? Or is it only slutty if it's always different guys? Or if she is not seeing any of them but banging a lot of them? All of this assuming that she is only even interested in men in a sexual, not romantic way, and that even the sexual interest is just an experiment. At what point of sexual activity is she considered slutty?

2. srslywtf

I imagine that would vary from person to person, I think this is a fairly common point of view:

someone who is slutty sleeps with multiple partners frequently without attachment...

IMO also it has to do with intention somewhat.. I'm not sure how to describe it.

I dont believe there is anything wrong with sleeping around unless someone is doing it for a bad reason/hurting others. so I tend to only use the word slut for horrible nasty people that also sleep around..

Also slut is not a female only thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Abbra

For me, having a lot of sex doesn't make someone a slut. You could have sex ten times a day every day, and I still probably wouldn't think of you as a lesser person.

To me, a slut is a person who has sex regardless of the other person's feelings. This means that homewreckers and people who lie to have sex are sluts. If you are having sex with someone, and you know that somebody is going to get hurt, then you are a slut. Also, if you are only having sex to further a goal then you are also a slut. If both people are fully aware that it's a one night stand or whatever, and they both know what's going on and they aren't breaking another person's heart, then they are not a slut.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

"Slut" is an insult used to shame people who dare to enjoy their bodies. It's not worth being considered seriously.

5. JillandJill

So if I sleep with lots of people, lots of times like I was asexual until a few days ago and I immediately slept with my roommate, hooked up with another guy, sleeping with my roommate again, inviting boys over just to have sex.... that doesn't make me a slut? Or promiscuous?

6. Colours

What you're describing sounds pretty slutty to me. (Not saying it is a bad thing per se)

7. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear, that doesn't make you slutty. That makes you fun. Just use protection. :wink:

#7 Adi, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  8. Aldrick

In one word: Nothing.

As Owen wrote, calling someone a slut or considering someone to be a slut, is just a way to shame them regarding their sexual choices.

It's possible to be concerned about someones sexual behavior (example: not engaging in safer sex practices), without shaming them regarding the choices they make in terms of number of sexual partners (or the activities they enjoy during sex)... they're just that, choices. Not everyone is going to make the same choices, but there are no "wrong" choices when it comes to how many people you're sexually active with or what you enjoy during sex - so long as you aren't engaged in self-destructive or harmful behavior.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's when YOU, the OP, become uncomfortable with the variety or the frequency. And if you don't, then you don't. It doesn't matter. It's up to you.

10. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess....
    I dont want to assign any derogatory terms, but i would say that if you are with someone every week or so just for sex....

But do what you like, people will say lots of crap. Im not perfect, so i try not to judge anyone, that just isnt fair. I dont want to be judged so i dont judge others.

However if you are active, please use protection.

11. sguyc

Having the sexual appetite of a man.

12. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^ yup, that is the actual definition, seems harmless eh?

13. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Slut is used to put women down for doing what they want with their bodies. Prude or tease is also used to put women down for doing what they want with their bodies. We can't really win, can we?

14. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A slut:

When X is talking about Z, and Z is getting even slightly more sex than X, then Z is a slut.

For example, X has sex once every 50 years. Z has sex once every 48 years. Thus X might call Z a slut.

---------- Post added 21st Aug 2013 at 07:19 PM ----------

Off topic...but I just remembered a scene from Waiting For God in which Harvey (a main character--manager of a retirement home) is with a foreign woman he'd like to hook up with. Jane, who is madly in love with Harvey for reasons no sane person would comprehend, screams "slut!" at the foreign woman. The foreign woman asks Harvey what slut means. He quickly lies, saying it's a term of respect. The foreign woman beams, and says when she goes home, she'll greet her mother with, "Hello, slut!" Or something like that.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like the word slut. Other people's sexual relations don't matter to me so I keep my mouth shut about it.

16. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I am concerned the term 'slut' only exists in the mind of a bigot.

If you like sex and the person/people you are having sex with are the same and you are having a great and safe time, then it is nobodies business and no ones place to judge you.

17. GentleBreeze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    IMO "slutty" can be used for both men and women. Usually if they have sex or willing to have sex with more than one partner withing maybe several months. My opinion may offend some but it's mine. If you sleep with one partner 5000 times in a month (if that is even possible), not slutty. Sleep with two different people during a month, possibly slutty. Sleep with 10 people in a month, yep slutty. Don't wear out the goods or nobody will want them lol.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^

We need to get some t-shirts made, you know, like "Bankers do it with interest."

Let's go with "Slutty people do it with frequency."

19. Minx

To me a slut is someone who tries to sleep around maliciously. (i.e. Trying to have sex with their friend's significant other when they're away or out of town. Pursuing someone's family members etc. Anything in the hopes of starting drama.)

Someone who is safely enjoying the sexual aspects of their life with other consenting adults; is not a slut. In my opinion. :slight_smile:

20. Ohhai

The term slut depends on you yourself. No one else can label you a slut (yes, people do and think they can).
    I hate the term, it's vile and derogatory. Why does it concern anyone else what you do with your life?