1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is semen supposed to be this color?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by person57, Aug 20, 2013.

1. person57

I hear that semen is supposed to be just white but my semen is a mixture of white and clearness. Is there something wrong with me?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, mine's that way too. Depending on the background, it can look a tad yellow too.

3. person57

:***:
    Thanks for the answer:slight_smile:

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, depending on how long ago your very first ejaculation was, when you first start, usually, it's clear. As you get older and start ejaculating more often, (and remember, I'm not a doctor, just the son of one) that's when your body realizes that it's time to start amping up production of sperm, so you can go carry on the species, which is when you start having the milky color.

According to Wikipedia, about 6 months after your first ejaculation do sperm start showing up in your semen, and two years later is when you get the full load (no pun intended) of about 300 million sperm per ejaculation. So I could have gone and got somebody pregnant around age 13. That's a scary thought.

#4 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of things contribute to the color and consistency of semen. As AG stated above, it's not uncommon for it to be especially watery when you first start ejaculating - it will probably "thicken" as you get a bit older.

Lex

6. Data

Data Guest

My semen isn't homogeneous and varies greatly depending on how often I ejaculate. If I wait weeks like I had to in the hospital, it is voluminous and has a tinge of yellow. If I ejaculate every day or two days as is normal for me, it is separated into distinct portions. There is the clear watery part, and there are a few clumps of white mucous that kind of stay together.

If I watch my semen over a period of 10 minutes or so, the white clumps dissolve into the watery portion and it just becomes a slightly thick pool with no distinct portions. According to Wikipedia, this happens and it would seem that the watery fluid is just seminal fluid (contains nutrients for the actual sperm) and the clumps are the sperm cells.

From Wikipedia:

(After ejaculation, the latter part of the ejaculated semen coagulates immediately,[8] forming globules,[9] while the earlier part of the ejaculate typically does not.[10] After a period typically ranging from 15 – 30 minutes, prostate-specific antigen present in the semen causes the decoagulation of the seminal coagulum.[11] It is postulated that the initial clotting helps keep the semen in the vagina,[8] while liquefaction frees the sperm to make their journey to the ova.[8])

So you could have anything from thick white, clear and watery, thick yellow, clear with white clumps, or clear with yellow clumps.

You would have an issue if it was red or green or some other alarming color. Red is obviously blood and green could be an infection. Both are serious issues.

7. squally89

Speaking of semen, did you notice Brie Cheese smells a lot like semen?

8. Data

Data Guest

My semen smells mostly like Chlorine and bleach. Is that what that kind of cheese smells like? I'm not familiar with cheese types. :lol:

9. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    I remember when I started masturbating back at age 11 my ejaculation was only a few drops and totally translucent. I often used my shorts to clean it up since it did not leave any stain at all. I felt the "change" maybe six month later: the shorts were not enought, not enought at all! :grin:
    Now it's kind of like what Data described: the first part is mostly translucent with a yellowish taint (looks kind of like lemonade) followed by the white stuff alternating with the yellowish stuff and the ending is kind of a messed-up-whatever. And yep, mine starts to melt too in a few minutes, but since I have a lot of semen (and boy I mean a LOT) even for the second or third orgasms this looks like the end of winter. When others first realize what is happening it's always biiiiig drama, biiiig drama. :slight_smile:
    Mine almost always smells like wild chestnuts. Sometimes the smell is stronger, sometimes it's less intense, but it's alway chetsnutty.

#9 etiggy, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are the luckiest man on earth. I mean the luckiest.

11. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    Yeah, everybody think they looove it until it's happening all over their sheets and stuff. Once even onto the wall, but what the hell, a: it was a third date, b: not my wall. :grin:

#11 etiggy, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's never a fun thing to get lube on the sheets, but that's clear so it doesn't stain. I'd think semen has a stain. Probably would be hard to get out...

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine never stains. It's always translucent. And if that scientific data is correct, it'll always be like that. Frankly, I think my body always knew I wasn't going to come into contact with girls.

14. Data

Data Guest

A semen stain is a protein stain. Treat it quickly and with any method that removes a protein stain.

I'm the KING of laundry. Being a car guy/mechanic like I am, I have learned how to get MANY stains out of clothes.

Silicone lube stains pretty well though and almost never comes out.