1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been green for over a week

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MtnFr3sh, Aug 20, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, um, I don't quite know how to word this, but my *cough* has been green, or had a green tint, for over a week. now, when this usually happens the next time it's back to normal. I can't quite recall when this started because it's usually something I just notice when I look down in the toilet bowl. But I know that it's been going on for over a week, perhaps two, I haven't been keeping a solid count.

I have looked online and from several sources I've gotten different answers, some unreliable saying that since it's been going on for a while it could be a parasite (Yahoo voices) versus other things not even mentioning this. and needing a colon cleanse to fix it if it is a parasite, I don't even know what the fuck that is.

I plan on asking a doctor next time I go see one, which shouldn't be too ling since I will need my yearly physical in just under a month, so it is serious? like, need to see one ASAP serious.

Since it hasn't stopped, I'm starting to get concerned....

2. Ridiculous

I thought you were talking about cum until over half way through the post - you really don't need to censor yourself, it just makes it difficult for everyone.

The colour of your poo typically isn't something to be too concerned about, provided it isn't red or black which may indicate bleeding.
    Greenish poo is almost always going to be caused by either bile present in the poo (probably because it has moved through your system too quickly for whatever reason), or due to food colouring in something you've eaten - for example, licorice is a common cause of green poo. Blue food colouring is supposedly the worst culprit for causing green poo.

If you aren't having any other problems other than the colour then I doubt it is something you need to be concerned about, but as you've said it'd be a good idea to bring it up when you're visiting the doctor just for your peace of mind.

3. jae

jae

MTNF..... Too much Iron in your diet.... If you eat cereal, especially the ones for kids ie... fruity pebbles, then dude you will poop green. Look at the iron content in what you eat and see.if you can make the connection between the iron and your poop. You will be suprised just how green your poop will get after eating a box o' fruity pebbles...

4. Bolin

It may be a diet thing. A couple of months ago, I noticed I had green poo, and once I ran out of Trix cereal, the color returned to normal. There's most likely nothing to worry about.

5. Northern

For a second I thought you were talking about your skin and I was going to say something about the hulk... I think it's probably just your diet, whatever you have been eating lately has been causing the colouring, it's nothing to fear :slight_smile:

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A parasite is basically another animal living inside of you. For example, a tapeworm. But you'd know if it's a tapeworm if you were CONSTANTLY really freaking hungry. Which is a different problem altogether.

As Ridiculous said, one of the reasons it could be is the bilirubin levels in your body. I've got a worse liver than most people, so whenever I get sick, I get the same thing. It also could be a diet thing. At the same time, the consistency of it would be lower than normal. It would be slicker and easier to pass. If that's not the case, it's probably a diet thing.

7. Data

Data Guest

Mmmhmmm, I second the diet. One time I ate a TON of fruit loops and I had a nice green color. Another time I had blue shaved ice at a baseball game, and same thing happened.

When I had to take Iron supplements to help me replace the blood I lost in surgery, my stool was BLACK most of the time and green some other times.

Really I wouldn't be worried. You should be worried about RED really. Even then, when I eat a lot of spaghetti sometimes my stool has a red tinge to it from all the pasta sauce!!!

8. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    BUT I NEVER EAT CEREAL what the fuck is happening...
    The only thing I eat that's close is nutrigrain bars, only 10%iron though