1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knockin down goals, Breakin barriers!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by srslywtf, Aug 21, 2013.

1. srslywtf

I thought it would be nice to have some more positivity on EC...

This thread is for positive things you've done for yourself, psychologically/physically!

Lets get the positive vibes snowballing and build each other up! Don't get depressed when you see this thread... See that all us people in difficult positions can turn it around and of course...

It. Gets. Better! (In all aspects of life)

I'll kick things off with something great that happened to me today.. I've been losing alot of weight.. I was wearing 38 pants and XL shirts/jackets..

Recently I went and bought pants, and had to go down to 34! This is as small as my pants will get, as my waist is being constrained by bone now.

Then today.. and this is huge for me... !!!!!

...I went to buy a shirt - and I fit into a medium! and I dont mean I squeezed into one... I mean, the large was physically too big for me! The medium is a perfect fit!

:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

I also weighed myself recently and was under 90kg, which is a major major goal for me! I haven't been under 90 since I was 18, and probably still growing at that point!!

Go on then.. Pile on the positivity! Let's get this train rolling!(!)

2. Kyllani

I like this thread!

So, let's see...

I'm going back to school! This was a big goal for me after a nervous breakdown and failing all of my classes in the spring. I had to jump through a lot of hoops and knock down a couple of big walls to get there, but I start classes Monday. :eusa_danc

I'm starting to lose weight. Only about 10 lbs so far, but that's awesome because I've been on a steady incline for a while.

Those are my two big ones.

3. Pocky

Dude...I am literally in the same boat as you. Went from 38-34, under 90kg etc.

Positive things for me today:

1. Just chatted with a few people at work (Usually I'm just head down and get out)
    2. I've been feeling generally less anxious, despite some really anxiety-provoking shit happening in my life at the moment.
    3. Walked to/from the train station instead of being lazy and driving

4. KingdomKeyDK

Because of my life as an actor, I am taking baby steps and am in the ensemble!

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems sexual orientation has taken a major back seat to gender presentation recently. I've decided to express my gender identity via cross dressing, and a quick trip to the mall has left me feeling INSPIRED. This Halloween will serve as the first major test drive, to see just how passable I can be, but it doesn't end there. Truly, a revelation (cross dressers have their own closet to come out of, too).

6. Kamina

Feeling a lot more comfortable with my sexuality lately
    Going to the gym tomorrow (starting to lose weight!!)
    Going to the beach tomorrow! :grin:

7. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... let's see.

*Turned bullying on my favour. Now I'm far more mentally stronger and I no longer fear defending myself against brute force.

*I tamed my shyness and became a reenactor. Now I go around on parade in front of thousands of people.

*After suffering from my dad's rage issues, I ended up making fun of it, rather than crawling up into a ball and die. Now I troll him on a weekly basis with all sorts of bollocks.

*Given my proficiency with the English language I've been offered a job as tutor. My former history teacher asked me if I could help her students with their language issues, and get paid for it.

*Three years ago my skill in English was more or less equivalent to that of a misguided tourist. Now I consider myself par with most native English speakers.
    In fact, I was nicknamed "Yorkshire" in my reenactment group due to my accent. Lel.

Enough bragging for now. Cheers.

8. srslywtf

Got more positives to add! Hope I can share the positive vibes around!!

- I came out to almost all my close friends and most importantly my housemate over the past couple weeks... Everything went great! Some people were annoying, questioning me.. but they seem to have gotten over it, it seems it was just poorly thought out first reactions rather than any serious objection.

- I went on my first date ever!! It went smoothly, no awkward silences! The guy texted me to say how cute I was about 5 minutes after we left and went our separate ways!!

- I am still getting fitter. Actually starting to feel like I'm not afraid to show my naked body to someone! Starting to develop real true confidence in my body image... like not just thinking to myself "you don't look ugly" - even though quantifiably I'm probably still somewhat on the ugly end of average, in myself I feel beautiful :slight_smile: Which I'm coming to realise is far more important, and alters peoples opinion about you far more than the way you actually look!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How's everyone else going?