1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best thing to use for cuts?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by evora, Aug 21, 2013.

1. evora

I want them healed as much as possible in five days. I know they're not going to disappear that soon but they need to be a lot less noticeable than they are now. I made them today but the previous ones from Friday have not healed, and even then the ones before that have not healed completely, so basically I have two sets of scars on my forearms (on top of each other), one partly healed and one is fresh.:confused: They (people on the internet) recommended Bepanthen Plus and Betadine but I'm not sure if the second one would really be good for these kind of scars...
    I have Neogranormon at home but I don't know if I can use it now when the cuts are only 1.5 hours old.:help:

#1 evora, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I believe bio oil is meant to be very good for cuts, and if I'm not mistaken it works even better on fresher cuts. So if you want it healed and the scar to look faded/gone get it asap :slight_smile:

All the best.

3. Data

Data Guest

Keep some Neosporin triple antibiotic on it so no infection occurs. Then just keep them clean, and moisturize with some Vitamin E oil once they have closed up to prevent an ugly scar. Healing is the process of cell replication and structure reformation. You can't speed up healing anymore then you can speed up the growth of your arm or leg. It just takes time for those cells to replicate and fill in the gap you now have.

I don't know your situation, but it's not healthy to cut yourself since the skin is the main barrier to infection and you are purposfully opening that barrier to the outside environment. Seeing a therapist is an excellent first step.

Please take good care of yourself. :slight_smile: