1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exam Sickness

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Defraction, May 18, 2008.

1. Defraction

So all my exams are like now... and as usual, I've got a cold. It's the one that lingers and makes you feel tired and requires you to wipe your nose every 2 seconds... oh and weird spasms when you cough which really really hurts when you're in an awkward position...

I think I dislocated my liver. ¬_¬

But onto the main question at hand. Does anyone else get this?

Like illnesses at the most inopportune moments. I remember I was like this when I was doing my mocks about half a year back, and I totally ruined one of my English exams, because I had to use my sleeve since I hadn't a tissue... that was so gross. I spent most of my time making sure nobody saw me.

But yeah... I feel kinda silly posting this. I don't always sound this gross you know. :slight_smile:

(The coffee is kicking innnnn. Weeeee)

2. Adrian

Adrian Guest

Stress weakens the immune system, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if there's anything you can do to counteract it. Maybe make sure you're getting enough nutrients, etc.

3. Bond231

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah stress does effect your immune system etc, only way to help you is make sure you eat really healthy and just get alot of rest before exams, no point staying up all night if you can't actually open your eyes for 5 mins of exam!

4. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I'm in that situation right now. Almost a week ago, I got a sudden flu, I had fever, severe headaches and the inability to move at all for a couple of days, it was terrible, but as I had exams I didn't have time to go to a doctor about it. Right now everything's pretty much gone except for a cough which flares up at night. I have 3 exams this week, and this flu has really cut into my studying and I can't get a doctors note because I have too many exams to go see a frickin doctor

Just make sure you bring plenty of tissues when you go to an exam

5. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's a time of heightened stress. So you're more likely to catch something. I sympathise with you all but I don't have a solution. Sorry. But I wish you luck with your exams.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

Sure, lots of people get that. I used to get that a lot when I was studying for exams. As already mentioned above, if you're under a lot of stress you are more likely to contract a cold or get flu like symptoms. What helped me in getting rid of some of the cold symptoms was drinking a lot of water with Vitamin C and I tried sleeping a bit more during the night. What might also help, try to relax in between your studies so that you are not constantly under stress.

Good Luck with the exams! Hope it goes well!

7. Adrian

Adrian Guest

I was walking into the SU building today when these people stopped me and asked if I'd buy some cookies for charity. I thought 'why not?' and bought some but now I'm terrified of eating them because they're 'stranger cookies' and I might get some kind of illness of them. Exams make me so utterly paranoid.