1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get flawless skin?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, May 18, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

As in like this:

[​IMG]

Like, I have acne(not the terrible stuff just a little bit and it can be kind of blotchy at times, So what do I need to get flawless skin? lol

NOTE: I do not want to look like him I just want his skin.

Thanks

2. Micah

Make up.

That's how he did it...

3. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    proboly, or digital. I use proactive and that helps with me. But a lot of times we just have to ride out or acne phase.

4. Alex

Some of those skin cremes help a bit sometimes.
    He used Photostop and make-up

5. Vampyrecat

Unless you are freakishly blessed with good skin, it can be difficult to control or maintain decent skin.

Check your diet. Eat healthy, lots of fruits and vegies and water! Water helps to flush out your skin and keep it hydrated, so drink lots of it. Make sure you get plenty of Zinc and Vitamin E and A into your diet (Kiwi fruits, apples and strawberries are really good for this).

Regarding cleansers etc.
    Most cleansers contain some form of alcohol, usually ethanol and Zinc Benzo-something or other. If you buy a cleanser then make sure you only use it every second day at most. the strong cleansers and toners strip your skin of all the good oils, which makes your skin go into overdrive to compensate...so this means you get more pimples.

Choose a mild cleanser, preferably one for "sensitive" skin. Use a moisturizer every day. Use a lotion in summer, a cream in autumn/spring and a body butter in winter. This makes sure that your skin doesn't lose moisture, because if you lose moisture, you're losing oil, which makes your skin overproduce to compensate.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

6. JSG

JSG Guest

This is direct copy-pasta from this site:
    http://www.aloette.com/skin_care_regimens

Basic skin care.

7. Adrian

Adrian Guest

In reality people in photos like that one will be photoshopped, etc. (as people have mentioned above).

Water is important. Lots and lots of water.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yep, make-up and photoshop is how celebs do it. That's one reason why they hate press photographers snapping at them - the photos will show their imperfections.

There's some good advice above for getting the best from your skin.

Don't be ashamed of imperfections, they are what make you a real human being rather than a photoshopped model!

9. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As others said makeup and Photoshop. That said I know someone that looks identical to the person in that photo (only with a much shorter haircut), and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do any maintenance whatsoever.

10. TyraBanksIsFierce

I know, I just saw some random guy in town who had skin like that guy and he had no-makeup

11. Adrian

Adrian Guest

I just remembered something:

A good few years back I had a pretty bad chest infection and was having difficulty breathing. My mum rooted out this facial suana thing she'd got as a present and never used out of a cupboard. Anyway, I kept using it until the infection went away because it helped my breathing for a short while each time I used it. Generally I looked terrible after the infection had gone (there were rumours at school that I'd developed some sort of drug problem, which I thought was pretty funny) but my skin was fantastically clear. So maybe something to try.

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer most people you see like that in pictures use make up, try doing excerise coz when you sweat its good for your skin

13. Gumtree

OMG ITS NICK JONAS!

Flawless skin is impossible.

Think about it logically!

Okay so you see some guys out there with REALLY good skin.

A lot of it is ethnicity.

Genetics have a huge play, diet, exercise, hygiene, immunities, puberty, hormonal balance and just the environment around you all contribute.

BTW, Hi all :slight_smile:

14. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yerrr i noticed peopel who ahve multiple ethnicity have reallllly nice skin :[

15. Fox

Fox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just trying to remember back to my acne days.. Back in year 7 I was having serious issues, and a pharmacy recommended a cream that had sodium benzoate (i think that's it).
    It got rid of all the pimples easy......but.

It left me with REALLY dry skin. Apparently it works better for people with darker skin or something.. considering I have danish blood I had loads of flakes of skin. Ew.

Otherwise one of my best mates is currently on pills (prescription from the doc). If you go to your GP and speak to them about it, they can prescribe you some. I don't know what they are called, but my mate went from pimples to barely anything pretty much overnight.

Otherwise just deal with it. It's not going to be around for your entire life, I used to think it would be, but I'm pretty much clear as anything now.

I have tried the whole clearasil thing (didn't do a thing), and moisturising? Ha. Did not work.

16. Vampyrecat

just on medications.

I have been on Doxycylclyne and it is NASTY stuff. It gets rid of your pimples really easily, but if you get sick and if you're sensitive to it (like I am), it gives you horrible rashes all over your hands and arms and face. So I switched to the Pill. This second medication is really only for women (a man would have interesting side effects i'd imagine), but depending on the person, it can also have nasty side effects for women as well.

17. Adrian

Adrian Guest

I've heard Clearasil is rubbish as it's too harsh and removes too much oil, resulting in your skin producing more to compensate. Also, the adverts are terrible.

Do they still do Oxypads or whatever they were called? I liked those, they made my skin feel really clean.

18. Jace

umm... photoshop? thats what i use lol jk

19. sexyalex

oh my Micah, good one. :lol:

but sweety, there is only one true way of dealing with acne. the traditional way! atleast, that's how a back bush, uncivilized, poor ass nigger like myself achieve good skincare. ok, well....

not really, that was a bit overexaggerated. However, clear clean skin is not impossible and even with the most sevre acne; can be reversed. Acne is usually the build up of dust, dirt, grime, dead tissue or hair roots, clumbing up into the surface of the skin caseing a pimp , blackhead which further breaks out into acne if not treated.
    Simple, it is important for thus with extra oily skin (like myself) to not damage the pores, for even though oily skin might seem like a bad thing, oily skin is actually a good thing and aids oil that would be traped in pimps to come out of the skin and on to the surface where u can clean it off. It is also essential not to use products such as moisturizers with oil in them to add extra greese to the face, in the addition of the greese in ur diet. :grin:

NOW listen up, cuz this is the important part.

to start trating acne, best NOT to get face products which contains AHA, or, alpha hydroxy. It causes the skin to be more sun/heat sensitive and can cause rashes, bumps or even irritate the skin worst than it is. In addition, it's best to get buy cleansers with essential ingreats such as :

1. exfoliating vitamin beads: to scrub away dead skin

2. Aloe: to give your skin a cool, even tone

3. gensing: to replenish your new skin cells

4. green tea: cleanse ur excretory gland, and add nutrients

5. coco butter: to heal damaged skin

6. lemon grass: to have ur skin feeling softer than ever

be careful of astrogents for they can be harsh to those with sensitive skin. personally, to cleans my skin, i steam gently with some hot water, mix a small amount of lime juice with some oats and cornmeal and create a nice paste for my face. with the completion of cucumbers over the eyes (cucumbers are not for style!they actually cool the skin and draws down swelling and reduce wrinckles! )
    then i soften it up with a slice of aloe and wash it off with warm water, then rince my face with cold water to close my pores.
    (which is very important because people love to bath in warm water and they forget that it opens their poes and exposes it to all forms of air-borne bacteria and not close their pores with cold water when they are finnsih bathing in warm water; which increases their risk to skin breakouts)

avoid avacado masks. they are very greesy and tend not to moisturize enough or over-moisturize the skin.

lastly, u got to eat a healthy diet! eat less greasy foods cuz they nto doing anything for u, have a reduced calorie diet, eat more fiberous foods, fruits, vegetables and drinking atleast 3 glasses of plain clean, clear water daily helps. Leafy vegetables are the ones that gives you the nature-blessed glow you are looking for and instead of eating Hardough bread, try whole grain or rye. and at dinner time, hold off the ranch and french dressing...and the vinigerettes too; sprinkeling a few seseme seeds, cheese, cranberry sauce or butter will do allot better for your skin. beleive me, you will feel better about it in the end.

BTW, a quick reminder. Butter and margerine should not be mistaken. they are different and made differently. Butter is healthy for body and has digestable lipids that will not affect the skin while margarine is dirved from vegetable fat(satterated fats) and hydrogenated plastic which allows it to be a few molicules less than plastic giving it a soft, creamy texture that nothing can go wrong (notice how margarine never melts into oil vs butter. imagine all that around ur arteries. tsk tks tsk:eusa_naug )

any questions or objections. Do not bash me just PM me. Thank you! :grin:

-Alex.(*hug*)

20. Kat22

I noticed several people mentioned pills. Be very careful with these, especially if they are prescription ones. Doxycylclyne, as Vampyrecat mentioned, can be BAD! It is not made for people who have any sensitivities for anything. I saw a girl that broke out in hives so badly from taking it that she looked like her face was COVERED in acne. Obviously, the opposite effect that she wanted. Another big thing that many people don't realize with both over the counter and prescription drugs and cremes is that many of them create sensitivity to the sun. Read the packages and talk to your dermatologist before taking them. When I was younger I had acne, but I also swam on a summer swimteam. Tetracycline was prescribed to me because my physician knew nothing about my background. Had my mom and I not read the package I'm sure the effects on my skin would have been detramental. Before you do anything make sure you've done your research!

(P.S. It is totally photoshop.)