1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting rid of the flu in 3 days

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by hoping, May 18, 2008.

1. hoping

i have the flu bad and i need to get rid of it by friday so i can get away from my parents and have some fun on friday night. does anyone have any flu remidies?

2. Vampyrecat

I have bad news for you mate. If you have a flu, it won't be going away for a while.
    The best you can do is rest up, drink lots of fluids, and manage headaches, runny noses coughs and sore throats as they come.

Honey and Lemon tea helps sore throats. Peppermint tea helps settle your stomach if it's feeling jumpy. Vicks helps break up chest buildup.

Hope that helps. sorry I can't give you more advice.

3. Alex

Well as vampyrecat says just rest, drink lots and take care of yourself.
    If you really want medication Tamiflu might help.
    Also you might want to get a Flu vaccine when this is over.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As others have said, if this really is the flu then it's not going to be gone in 3 days. However if it is a stinking bad cold then you may be lucky.

Either way, follow the advice above, eat sensibly, drink lots of water and fruit juice, get plenty of rest and manage the symptoms. That'll give your body the best chance to fight it.

Ohh, and if you are still a bit rough on Friday but go out anyway, don't use cold/flu remedies before you go (most contain pain killers which are not good with alcohol) and don't drink too much. Maybe have a juice drink between each alcoholic drink.

One other thing: Do not take more than one type of cold/flu remedy at a time, and don't take other pain killers with them. Otherwise you could end up with a mild overdose of paracetamol or other ingredients.

5. hoping

hey thanks for the advice everyone

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Please let us know how it goes. Fingers crossed for you!