1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I be genderqueer, etc?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 23, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been reading through a lot of transgender resources and I've noticed for some time that I'm and always have been kind of androgynous in terms of personality, but does my personality match my gender?

I'm male physically. I have a penis, I have an Adam's Apple, I have a beard and I'm hairy all over. I'm a guy. But in terms of personality, I'm not like most males I know. I don't know anything about cars except how to drive them, when my dad on the other hand changes his own oil and waxes his car. I don't know how or have any desire to do DIY/home repairs like my dad does. I don't watch Duck Dynasty or Honey Boo Boo and think that TV like that is a sign that we're going to hell. That coming from a guy who watches Jerry Springer and calls it family therapy.

On the other hand, I love sports. Football, hockey and politics are my biggest favorites. I have a semi-healthy sex life, and I'm in love. But am I completely male on the inside?

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not about personality, physical attributes, or hobbies, but identity, and the only person who can really answer that question is you. You said, "I'm a guy" so that's telling -- not all guys are the same. I've seen members describe themselves as "tomboyish female" or "androgynous male" to set themselves apart, since their presentation is a huge part of their identity, yet, they acknowledge their gender as one or the other.

Are there any other reasons you've considered genderqueer? For me, anyway, I've never felt 100% comfortable identifying or being perceived as a male, period, even experiencing social dysphoria from time-to-time. Just like many gay males feel slightly out of place around straight males, I felt the same interacting with most males, regardless of sexuality, and feel more at home with transsexuals and other non-gender conforming individuals.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably worth baring in mind that I don't know anyone who can do ANY of the things on that list and they all consider themselves guys.

Remember that just because your not into certain things doesn't mean you need to question your gender. You wouldn't question your sexuality if you didn't like musicals would you?

4. Night

Night Guest

Genderqueer is just a label, so if you feel it fits you, you're more than welcome to use it.

You can continue to call yourself a gay male and just identify as some shade of androgynous, or you can go all out and refer to yourself as a genderqueer androsexual. Only you can answer that.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, and I only like comedy musicals. I couldn't sit through "High School Musical" but I watched "Jerry Springer: The Opera" all in one sitting. :grin:

[YOUTUBE]uVQVLgSlFZ4[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2013 at 08:53 PM ----------

This is the best part ^^^

Scary thing is I could play the fat guy on the left.

#5 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  6. sguyc

No offense but i think you are over thinking it. Men are not all the same, some are fem and some are masculine.

7. Emulator

That's up to you to decide. You could be an androgynous male, or just yourself the way you define it...no strict rules for defining your gender. Of course, some things could just be preferences. Possibly someone who knows you very well could give you a better analysis.

-Emulator

8. srslywtf

dont confuse stereotypes with gender identity..