1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping too much?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, May 20, 2008.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

I sleep 8-10 hr nights and then i get home from school after sleeping in some classes and take a 2-3 hr naps. I am usually tired during the day. Is this healthy or am i sleeping too much? or could this be a sign of something else? Could it be from my eating disorder? :sleep:

2. Alex

It sounds like a bit much :/ but its different from person to person.
    I do know that of course not eating something, then you have no in take of calories therefore no energy to power your brain with, and then you get tired. As simple as that!

3. Trumpetplyer23

Hmm, I believe (I'm not exactly sure, so my opinion may be wrong), if your eating disorder is bad enough, you won't have enough calories/carbs to give you energy through the day, so your body crashes. That just depends on how bad your eating disorder is.

I'm pretty sure this is right, because about October-January, I thought I was too skinny, that my clothes hung off of my body, so I ate ALOT of food everyday, and I had plenty of energy.

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

well i don't know how bad it is but its been on and off since november (it was pretty bad 3 yrs ago too i got down to 97lbs) but now i'm like 5'5 and 130lbs, very muscular. i haven't been eating more than 500 calories and most of what i do eat i throw up. thats been for the past few days, then before that in Januart for two weeks and from last novemer into half of december. i had lost weight but i gained it back in muscule because i appear much thinner. so i'm not sure how bad it is.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You are eating a lot less than your body needs to get through a normal day. With such low calorie intake you just do not have enough energy to get through a day so your body is telling you it can't cope.

I think you really need to deal with the eating disorder, get your food intake up to a more reasonable level and stop vomiting. Obviously that's much easier said than done, but you need to deal with it somehow.

6. KaraBulut

xxAngelOnFirexx:

I think you already know the answer to what is going on.

You're feeling tired and sleeping more because your body does not have the energy to maintain basic functions. The minimum calorie requirement for a teenage girl is about 1800kcal per day. 2000-2200 kcal is a much healthier number. You're consuming about 25% of what you need daily. What you are doing is starving your body to the point that your brain is making you sleep to conserve energy.

You are fighting an eating disorder and the eating disorder is winning. Please confide in your parents and your physician and get help.

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im skinny and some times sleep not to good. may be 5 or 6 hours but other times 10 or more hours than that !!!

8. pandafunfun