1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Sleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Trumpetplyer23, May 20, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Well, for about a week, I haven't been able to sleep very well. I've taken Melatonin, a sleeping pill that is non-narcotic a couple of nights, but even that didn't help. And when I do finally fall asleep, I wake up a couple of hours later. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

2. LOVEjames

I have the same problem, and it turned out to be my bed. I visited my mother's house for a weekend and slept on the couch and I didn't wake up once. I'm one of those people that needed something to support my back, so I needed a firm bed. The one I was sleeping on was a water bed. xD

3. Trumpetplyer23

I have an extra bed in my house, so I went to that bed one night (after I payed hell falling asleep, then woke up an hour later), and I've been sleeping in that bed, but it still hasn't helped.

Thanks for the advice, though.

4. Louise

If you have not suffered from insomnia before you need to look at what has changed recently in your life, nutrition, stress, new friends, whatever.

If you are not taking enough excercise in the day you will not be tired enough to sleep, if you are too stressed although you may fall asleep several hours later you will wake up with fifty thousand ideas whirling round in your mind and sleep will become impossible. If you have changed your diet then maybe your body is having difficulty digesting something causing you to wake up at inconvienient times.

Taking regular exercise, eating proper healthy meals (not too close to bed time), relaxing quietly with a book or having a hot drink before bed can all help to get you 'ready' for bed and for sleep. Avoid all drinks with caffeine from about 6 o'clock in the evening, fizzy drinks should be avoided also.

I hope some of this helps you, insomnia can be hell.

5. Trumpetplyer23

Weird part about this is, nothing in my life has changed. No new diets, no new exerices, etc. It just started happening.

However, last night, I had trouble going to sleep, but I didn't wake up until a few minutes before my alarm went off.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

7. pandafunfun

8. Trumpetplyer23