1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prostate, prostate, wherefore art thou?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Snyder, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Snyder

So I've been fingering for a while but the problem is I can't seem to find my prostate. Its not like I can't get far enough in or anything I just can't find it. I may just be s stimulating it wrongly though. Any advice?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never played with it myself. Never thought I'd say this to somebody on EC, but sorry, but I can't help you.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure you've not found it and its just not done what you expected it to do?

4. Ridiculous

Push towards your penis; it is on that side of your rectum. Try putting your finger in as far as you can, then gently (but reasonably firmly) putting pressure on the side and slowly pulling it down in a line to cover the whole area. The prostate is a harder patch than the surrounding area, and it should give you a nice sensation when you hit it. You can also try doing a windshield-wiper motion with your finger from side to side to cover the whole area, as the prostate may not be in the centre depending on the position your body is in.

Try different positions - it is usually most difficult to find when you are lying on your back, and the easiest to find when you are squatting. Positions where you are standing or otherwise have your legs supporting your weight puts pressure on your pelvic floor muscles, which will push the prostate out a bit. Also try different arm and hand positions as this will change how your fingers are angled in there (arm in front vs arm behind, for example).

Relaxing your legs, butt, and abdominal muscles may make it easier to distinguish the lump of the prostate in the surrounding area (plus it's just easier if you aren't all tensed up).

Try doing kegel exercises while you are fingering yourself, as that moves around everything in there a bit and might make the prostate a bit more apparent. Also it gives a bit of a different sensation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Most important of all is to not get too hung up if you can't find it, as being anxious or frustrated is going to make it more difficult. Being relaxed and calm and in the mood will make it far more enjoyable - if you aren't then you could try taking a break and trying again a little later. And even if you can never find it, or do find it but don't really feel much from it, it still feels pretty great without any prostate stimulation at all.

5. Snyder

Thanks a lot for the great advice! :thumbsup:

6. Jay Bird

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I had some trouble in this area myself.....the problem for me was, I could not really reach my prostate with my fingers. Well I could reach it, but just barely and my wrist/forearm was hurting from the strain. I wear a men's small where gloves are concerned so I guess my fingers were just too small. Here's my experience.....

I laid on my back, raised my legs, lubed up and in goes my middle finger. I did the usual upward "come here" sweep and nothing. I pushed deeper to the point my wrist was straining and bingo, I could barely feel my prostate with my finger tip and I got the sensation that I needed to urinate. I couldn't do much massaging because my wrist was killing me so I got an old oral B toothbrush, lubed it up, and inserted it. It was a little difficult to angle it correctly but I did get some prostate stimulation going. I wasn't erect because my mentality was more about finding the elusive gland then really enjoying the experience......Anyway, the prostate stimulation was starting to feel pretty good so I took my flacid penis in my left hand, while holding/applying pressure with the toothbrush with my right hand and started rubbing my penis. After about 10 seconds, my still limp penis started spewing out semen. It was a strange orgasm, it felt great but different than my usual - especially because my penis was totally soft....I didn't have any chub at all when I climaxed.

From the time I found the prostate with the toothbrush until climax took about 3 minutes. Again this was a surprise because premature ejaculation and reaching orgasm that quickly usually doesn't happen for me. I'm 100 sure if I didn't start rubbing my penis, I would have climaxed from the prostate massage alone. The final surprise was a great feeling in my bladder area that lasted for hours after I had ejaculated. It felt very much like the feeling you get after a great bowel movement but it was in my groin region instead of my colon area. This was my first successful prostate experience and I can say for sure that if you can't find yours, it's probably because you can't reach it yourself, at least without killing your wrist and forearm. It wasn't that easy for me with a toothbrush so I'm going to find a slender g spot vibrator or a stimulator designed specifically for prostate massage. I'm looking forward to the new experiences to come.

7. DangerAlex

I've tried to find what I refer to as my "magic button" a few times and couldn't find the damn thing, which was discouraging, and digging around in my rectum was off-putting to me anyways, so I gave up.

However, when my boyfriend and I have sex, I almost always bottom, and he hits my magic button more than half the time; I'll cum from him stimulating my prostate without my dick ever being touched. INCREDIBLE orgasms.

So I guess what I'm saying is, like the guy who said he couldn't really get to it with his finger, there are other ways of hitting it.