1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-stop itching

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 31, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had to live with this for almost a year now!!!

Every inch of my body except my hands and my feet itch constantly. I've purged everything that has artificial scents and fragrances to no avail. I went to a dermatologist and he told me it was "Contact Dermatitis," gave me a shot in the ass of Cortisone steroid cream, and put me on Prednisone pills, which helped for the time I was taking them, but the instant the pills ran out, the rashes came back. I've got one that's gone away, came back, and gone away for the time being on my side.

It doesn't matter when it is, when the last time I showered was, when I last shaved, what I ate, etc, if you even slightly touch my back, it breaks out in this huge-ass rash from my neck down to just above my ass and it itches like hell. My legs itch from literally where your hip meets your leg all the way down to my big Midwestern calves. From my shoulders down to my wrists.

I've been using cortisone cream like fricking suntan lotion. Nothing works. :help:

2. RainyViolinist

Ouch. When exactlly do you break out in a rash? Are you out in the sun frequently? Although it's pretty rare, you may have a sensitivity or even an allergy to the sun. I'm no doctor, but could it also be the cream that you are taking that is causing the rash? Hope this helps. I would give you a hug, but you might break out in a rash again :lol:.

3. Linguistic_Geek

Are you on any meds? One of the meds I am on causes me to itch. Especially if I don't drink enough water. Just a thought...

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure it's nothing internal? I have constant itching because I have portal hypertension, so the blood isn't always going to the right level in the skin.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's already starting to itch again, and I'm sitting in a chair with a shirt on. Whenever I'm outside (especially being on a college campus) I've got a shirt on.

I don't use the cortisone cream much anymore because it hasn't been happening as much. I've made a conscious effort NOT to touch my back.

6. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a doctor but usally if you get the constant itch it eithier a skin condition could be one of many. Or it blood circulation related i remember my feet and hands used to itch bad to the extent they felt sore years ago was told it was poór blood circulation i changed diet and stopped smoking seemed to help. Like i said only a doctor or someone will be able to tell you facts.

7. RainyViolinist

When your rashes started, had you started doing something different in your regular routine, or did they just happen?

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Originally it was that I was allergic to a medication I'd been taking and it gave me like mini pimples all over my entire body.

After I stopped, the itching stayed.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today, it's my thighs and my calves. And it's horrible today.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure if this would help, but you might try switching to some sort laundry detergent that is OK with sensitive skin. All is one brand recommended by a person with skin issues on another forum.

Some people can have a flare up of skin problems just by wearing something washed with a problem detergent.

11. RainyViolinist

Since I have no idea what exactly the rash looks like, I suggest you look up images of plaque psoriasis to see if the images are similar to what your rash looks like. Plaque psoriasis is fairly common, affecting 1 to 5 percent of the world, and it's not contagious, so you shouldn't worry if this is the case. If you think it is plaque psoriasis, or any other form of psoriasis, you should see a doctor about it. They can prescribe topical creams and meds to treat it. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

12. cali

Have you tried getting allergy tested to work out what it is that's still making you itchy? Surely if it was a medication it would have gone away after you stopped taking it? Do antihistamines work?