1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ULCER (I post in here so often XD)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Helen, May 22, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

I really should know how to do these things, but truth is, I hardly ever had trouble with muscles or infections or anything at all until recently.

Basically, I have a stupidly painful mouth ulcer just below my lower lip. I have a grade 5 oboe exam tomorrow, and I think the ulcer is making me more tired quickly, because a few days ago I could run through all my pieces without getting too worn out. However, since the ulcer started, my mouth's gotten tired after the first piece.

How can I make the ulcer go away in time for tomorrow? :frowning2:

2. Jaguar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not too sure if there is any proper treatment for an ulcer, but you could try some Anbesol or Bonjela (or other soothing gel) as they minimalise the pain and should hopefully help you play longer.

3. Louise

You need to go to your local pharmacy and show the ulcer to the pharmacist and see what he says. If you were in England I would say put some bonjela on it, it helps heal the ulcer and calms the pain (it stings like crazy when you first put it on but it does work). I don't know what sort of products you have in Dubai.

4. Jim1454

Often the best thing for sores in the mouth is warm salt water. Simly rinse 2 or 3 times a day and that seems to help the healing process. It might not work in a day though...

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with the advice above. I get mouth ulcers occassionally and find that bonjela helps a lot. It numbs it for a while, so use plenty just before your exam. If necessary could you apply some more between the pieces if it starts to wear off?

So I think you should definitely go any buy some mouth ulcer treatment, whatever is available there.