1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on T?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by justjade, Sep 2, 2013.

1. justjade

I'm not on T, but I was wondering if anyone out there has taken/is taking it. If you are, what's your experience with it? Is it working for you? How does it make you feel?

I appreciate any feedback.

2. Nick07

I know one, ftm. He is acting like a horny teenager. Wild parties, and a lot of boasting about it. No matter what the talk is about, he always steers it to sex. Considering he is not a teenager, listen to him is pretty annoying.

3. justjade

Whew! I can imagine. I'm actually a little worried I'll start doing that. I have a tendency toward looking like a douchebag already according to my husband (and he happens to be right). I never got to be a proper bachelor, so I can see myself reverting a bit. I'm also not terribly confident in social situations, so I can see myself overcompensating, too. :confused:

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm upcoming on my official three months on testosterone.

As for mood changes, I've surprisingly become a lot more calmer. Girlfriend mentioned that I'm seemingly more relaxed, which I concur, though I do feel very sleepy often... and I'm unsure if that's a common thing or not. Like, I used to have a terrible time falling asleep and now I'm drowsy around 9/10pm and I'm pretty much out by the time I get home from work at midnight. That's the biggest change I've dealt with in regards to my mood and it's kind of bittersweet depending on the circumstances (ie I feel too drowsy to finish homework or even go to work sometimes, kind of like a pseudo-diphenhydramine).

What else.. sex drive stuff. That's definitely taken an impact. I used to have a very, very low - almost nonexistent drive - and now I feel hornier nearly all the time, and it's affected my claimed asexuality. But that isn't uncommon since testosterone always boosts drive anyway and I haven't heard of any guy on T who hasn't experienced a higher sex drive.

Also T has really helped with my dysphoria and my depression and anxiety. I don't feel nearly as anxious as I used to pre-hormones. So, that's a nice trade-off.

As for physical stuff, not much. I haven't started growing facial hair yet (though I'm on a low dosage because of my body chemistry and overall shitty health), so those changes might not come soon. My face has kinda chiseled out a little bit, there's been changes with my body mass and I can seemingly gain muscle a lot easier even with mild to moderate working out, and (TMI) my genitals have increased in size but not too drastically. Unfortunately, I still deal with periods also, though they're a lot lighter than they used to be and will likely disappear by my four months on T. I've heard of guys having their periods go away almost instantly, but it just wasn't the case for me. Also, I smell a lot more "guyish" and I sweat a lot more now, which is gross but I manage. :lol:

I think I covered most of the basics, and I can answer any other questions you might have. (If I remember right, you're a small, short guy like me and T affects small guys like us in different ways compared to taller, bigger guys. Sometimes dosages are smaller or our body chemistry differentiates, so changes really depend on your genetic makeup and body type.)

5. justjade

Thanks for that. :slight_smile:

I'm glad you mentioned that you mellowed out. That's what I hope will happen if/when I start T. And yes, you remembered right. I'm a tiny dude.

I am a little worried about male pattern baldness though, because all the guys in my family are bald. They're also hairy. I mean, I wouldn't mind my hair falling out because there's just so much of it. I just want it to be kind of even instead of just falling out from the crown or my hairline receding. I guess it just depends on the person.