1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart Burn

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by person57, Sep 2, 2013.

1. person57

How can I relieve or stop heart burn?

2. RoguesWolfe

Well there's always tums but those can be iffy at times, it just depends on the persons body really. Usually if I don't have tums I'll drink some milk which helps or I'll take some gas pills which sounds odd but it works wonders. My only question is do you have acid reflux like me? Or is it just regular heart burn? If it's acid reflux then taking prilosec works wonders as well. It's what I have to take.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    stuff like milk, tums, ect.. usually work pretty quickly and get rid of heart burn for the short term but it often comes right back.

Try drinking pickle juice go to the fridge grab a jar of pickles pour about 1/2 a cup in a glass and down it quick before you have a chance to taste it (I don't like pickles). It takes 15-20 minutes to work but the heart burn usually stays gone.

Heart burn is caused by the stomach having too much acid. Milk, tums, ect. uses calcium to neutralise the acid thats why they work so fast. The down side is now your stomach doesn't have enough acid so it kicks into overdrive and makes tons and sometimes makes too much (this is why the heart burn comes back.

Pickle juice is acidic (I guess I could have recommend a lemon but I was suggesting something 99% of people have at home already). Though it seems counter intuitive adding acid when you have too much, what happens is your stomach senses it has too much acid (thats not its own) and shuts down production. Since the stomach quits

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2013 at 05:16 AM ----------

producing acid the level of acid returns to normal and your heart burn disappears.

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2013 at 05:16 AM ----------

stuff like milk, tums, ect.. usually work pretty quickly and get rid of heart burn for the short term but it often comes right back.

Try drinking pickle juice go to the fridge grab a jar of pickles pour about 1/2 a cup in a glass and down it quick before you have a chance to taste it (I don't like pickles). It takes 15-20 minutes to work but the heart burn usually stays gone.

Heart burn is caused by the stomach having too much acid. Milk, tums, ect. uses calcium to neutralise the acid thats why they work so fast. The down side is now your stomach doesn't have enough acid so it kicks into overdrive and makes tons and sometimes makes too much (this is why the heart burn comes back.

Pickle juice is acidic (I guess I could have recommend a lemon but I was suggesting something 99% of people have at home already). Though it seems counter intuitive adding acid when you have too much, what happens is your stomach senses it has too much acid (thats not its own) and shuts down production. Since the stomach quits