1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Sure If Side Effects or What

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Retrospect, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Retrospect

Hey guys,

I'm currently taking a low dose of Zoloft (25 mg) for depression. I've been taking it every day since July 30th. My doctor wanted to up it a few weeks ago, but he kept it at the low dose since I had some initial side effects. I'm seeing a psychiatrist on the 18th, and he said she will probably up the medicine and/or adjust it slightly.

I'm noticing a very strange pattern. For the past few days (except for the past 24 hours or so) I've felt worse than before. The only thing that seemed to improve was the frequency of suicidal thoughts. However, I had a good day today. I was so glad I thought I was making progress. But I'm not so sure. As of now, I feel high. I drove my sister home from practice, and she said I was rambling like a lunatic. I've felt like I want to jump out of my skin. I got maybe three hours of sleep last night and I did not feel tired at all today. I'm normally a shy and quiet person, but not today.

I'm not sure what is going on. I'm seeing my therapist Thursday, so I will definitely bring this up with her then. I find it odd that a low dose of Zoloft would do this (I'm not a small guy) plus I've only been on it for a little over a month.

Any thoughts/opinions? :help:

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

It would be best to consult your doctor about this, because that is what some antidepressants can do, they can actually cause more depression. Your doctor may want to change your antidepressants if the increased depression keeps up.

3. June Cleaver

Back in the early 1990's I was on Zoloft and it made me go into a mania like you are describing. I would loose track of time, forget what I was doing like finding myself in the car driving and not knowing where I was heading, and basically turned me into a ding-bat with insominia. Paxil did the same thing. Prozac did well for me for eight years till I took myself off and I am here to tell you it is hard to stop using them after a period of time. June